About the Job
Do you want to become an investment analyst for an international impact investment firm and engage with hundreds of startups in emerging markets?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About the job
We are looking for an analyst to join the team and lead the sourcing, screening and evaluating of the seed-stage startups in a specific region, as well as conducting a series of on-the-ground training for the selected entrepreneurs and report about the visited ecosystems. Considering we have activities approximate in 15 countries/region, this role involves extensive travels throughout the year.
- The candidate will manage deal flow and screen startups based on Seedstars’ specific parameters, innovation objectives, and investment criteria.
- The candidate will be responsible for delivering various training adapted to the local market needs in each country where we are present.
- The candidate will actively participate in building relationships with local investors and key ecosystem players on the ground.
- The candidate will be expected to write reports every two months about the different ecosystems in the region.
- Additional support will be required in the planning of the annual investor forum that takes place during our regional summits.
- Depending on the period, additional support will be required with due diligence.
- Passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets
- Financial acumen and strong analytical skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheet expert) and an understanding of key startup metrics
- Flexibility & International exposure – This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about travelling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong belief in getting things done – We are nomads travelling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: )
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Startups, Analytical skills
Seedstars is a company builder and impact investment fund with HQ in Switzerland and offices in Portugal, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, and a presence in 70+ emerging markets.
Our mission is impacting people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship.