About the Job
- Participate in the development and implementation of the firm’s strategy, business development, relationship development and investment management
- Generate new business, participate in structuring funds around investment ideas, fundraise and invest collaboratively with the team.
- Lead implementation of fund processes, including due-diligence, financial analysis and deal structuring
- Participate in sourcing new deals for the pipeline
- Present investment opportunities to the Investment Committee
- Present and inact with the various Boards
- Meet target company representatives and understand the fundamentals of the target companies, their business models and macroeconomic environment
- Collaborate with team of experienced investors seeking to optimize financial, social and environmental outcomes while scaling up international investment in clean energy and financial access in the developing world
- Supervise, train and guide junior team members.
Successful track record as an emerging markets debt investor either at an asset manager or institutional investor
- A understanding of social businesses, asset managementand impact investing with a well-developed portfolio of investor relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and an executive presence
- Strong investment and risk management skills and ability to interpret and apply financial models
- Ability to manage a team
- Track record of producing results and managing multiple projects and assignments concurrently
- At least 10 years’ experience in commercial lending, investment banking, emerging market investing preferable in the impact investment and asset management space.
- Track record of fundraising and investor relationships
- Strong financial, quantitative, and critical thinking skills, as well as a high degree of efficiency and thoroughness
- A high level of passion, entrepreneurial energy, personal initiative and responsibility
- Strong cultural understanding and skills to work effectively across multiple geographies
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills and team-working skills
- Willingness to travel globally, including to rural areas
- An MBA/Masters and/or a CFA are desirable
- Background in international development or clean energy preferred
- Language skills are a plus
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of your email should be “SIMA Partner”.
Social Investment Managers and Advisors LLC (SIMA) seeks a Partner to support the expansion of our company focused on investment opportunities at the bottom of the pyramid with commercial returns and clear social benefits. Our company believes in transparency, inclusive decision-making and innovative thinking in some of the poorest countries in the world – namely sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. The firm’s Managing Partners are among the longest serving social investment fund managers and actively contributed to the development of the social impact investment industry.
We have three business lines including fund management, advisory, and social businesses.
In fund management, SIMA is a pioneer in the off-grid solar sector and closed one of the largest funds of its kind, a $90 million fund with premier impact investors including Met Life, AXA, Church Pension Group, Portico, OPIC, USAID, FMO, BIO, OeEB and others. The Fund is also listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange. In terms of impact, the fund reduces CO2 emissions, provides clean energy 1+ million people, and promulgates a code of responsible conduct in the emerging off-grid solar sector.
We are launching an innovative exchange-traded and rated 5Bn rupee investment fund on the Pakistan Stock Exchange to raise money for microfinance from local capital markets and indigenous sources. We also are launching a pilot fund to lend to smaller, locally owned off-grid solar distributors in emerging markets.
In advisory services, we have completed mandates for asset management, valuation, strategic planning and services with Mercy Corps, the UN Foundation, the Pontifical Mission Society (Catholic Church), Fred Hallows Foundation, and others.
Our portfolio companies are opening up new markets by using innovations in microfinance, technology, mobile payment platforms and clean energy to meet the needs of low-income customers. These companies have solid risk/return profiles and growth rates, presenting an important opportunity for impact investors. Over time, we also have ambitions to work in other sectors serving low-income customers, such as in healthcare, sanitation and education.