About the Job
- Participate and assist in the overall management and administration of the firm including strategy, business development, relationship development and investment management
- Generate and participate in development of new business ideas, structure funds around these ideas, fundraise and invest the same collaboratively with the team.
- Develop financial model for structured financings and Funds.
- Lead and support deal-related tasks and processes, including due-diligence, financial analysis and deal structuring.
- Sourcing new deals for the pipeline through active engagement in the targeted industry
- Developing and vetting potential opportunities, writing investment memos and presenting findings to the Investment Committee.
- Meet target company representatives and understand the fundamentals of the target companies, their business models and macroeconomic environment
- Conduct primary and secondary market research related to impact investing including, financial inclusion and clean energy access, education, etc. in the developing world.
- Collaborate with team of experienced investors seeking to optimize financial, social and environmental outcomes while scaling up international investment in impact investing. including clean energy, microfinance, education, etc. in the developing world
- Supervise and help create reports to investors
- Maintain a well-controlled operation environment.
- An MBA/Masters are desirable.
- Strong quantitative skills, a high degree of proficiency with Excel and applied financial modeling experience
- Track record of producing results and managing multiple projects and assignments concurrently
- At least 7 years’ experience in commercial lending, investment banking, asset management, emerging market investing, or impact investing
- Strong financial modelling skills
- ACCA or CPA prefered
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a high degree of efficiency and thoroughness
- A high level of passion, entrepreneurial energy, personal initiative and responsibility
- Strong cultural understanding and skills to communicate effectively across multiple geographies
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills and team-working skills
- Willingness to travel globally, including to rural areas
- Background in international development or clean energy preferred
For immediate hire. Please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of your email should be “SIMA Vice President”.
Social Investment Managers and Advisors LLC (SIMA) seeks a Vice President to support the expansion of our company focused on investment opportunities at the bottom of the pyramid with commercial returns and clear social benefits. Our company believes in transparency, inclusive decision-making and innovative thinking in some of the poorest countries in the world – namely sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. The firm’s Managing Partners are among the longest serving social investment fund managers and actively contributed to the development of the social impact investment industry.
We have three business lines including fund management, advisory, and social businesses.
In fund management, SIMA is a pioneer in the off-grid solar sector and closed one of the largest funds of its kind, a $90 million fund with premier impact investors including Met Life, AXA, Church Pension Group, Portico, OPIC, USAID, FMO, BIO, OeEB and others. The Fund is also listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange. In terms of impact, the fund reduces CO2 emissions, provides clean energy 1+ million people, and promulgates a code of responsible conduct in the emerging off-grid solar sector.
We are launching an innovative exchange-traded and rated 5Bn rupee investment fund on the Pakistan Stock Exchange to raise money for microfinance from local capital markets and indigenous sources. We also are launching a pilot fund to lend to smaller, locally owned off-grid solar distributors in emerging markets.
In advisory services, we have completed mandates for asset management, valuation, strategic planning and services with Mercy Corps, the UN Foundation, the Pontifical Mission Society (Catholic Church), Fred Hallows Foundation, and others.
Our portfolio companies are opening up new markets by using innovations in microfinance, technology, mobile payment platforms and clean energy to meet the needs of low-income customers. These companies have solid risk/return profiles and growth rates, presenting an important opportunity for impact investors. Over time, we also have ambitions to work in other sectors serving low-income customers, such as in healthcare, sanitation and education.