About the Job
Impact Investing at CCUSA
CCUSA is exploring how to integrate impact investing into its programming across its strategic priority areas. As a new initiative within the Agency, our work in impact investing spans staff socialization to structuring new financial vehicles. The strategy will evolve as information is gathered and partnerships are formed with our member agencies. Areas of near-term priority are:
- Financing for new construction under the CCUSA Healthy Housing Initiative, which combines permanent supportive housing with wrap around health services for the chronically homeless;
- Raising philanthropic capital that CCUSA can deploy as debt, equity, guarantees, and/or starter grants for social enterprises owned by member agencies;
- Designing impact management for impact investing at CCUSA;
- Developing and rolling out trainings and resources for CCUSA and member agency staff;
- Developing and cultivating new partners; and
- Raising CCUSA’s visibility in the impact investing sector.
The Impact Investing Intern’s role will span the entirety of the Initiative’s workstream. S/he will support the Senior Director of Impact Investing on staff training; designing and structuring financial vehicles in consultation with member agencies; conducting due diligence on SMEs; raising philanthropic capital for use as investment; and cultivating donors, co-investors, and other financial partners. The Intern should be comfortable with a flexible role that may change over time. The Fellow’s main duties and responsibilities comprise administration (40%), research (20%), communications (25%), and a special project (15%).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate logistics including scheduling meetings and conference calls, drafting meeting notes, arranging travel, expense/check requests, etc.
• Update and manage the impact investing portfolio in Raiser’s Edge;
• Line editing proposals, in/external communications pieces, investor materials, and other documents, as needed;
• Manage the flow of information from social enterprises to CCUSA during due diligence;
• Customize communications to current and potential partners;
• Update impact investing training materials for different audiences;
• Daily scan of events, papers, and news in the impact investing space to identify potential partners, investment opportunities, and new sector trends and provide bi-weekly updates;
• Research and compile a list of major impact investing events;
• Research and compile information on potential co-investors and other potential financial partners for internal vetting;
• Desk research for potential investments, including geographic landscaping, US and national/regional government regulations, and sector scans;
• Keep up-to-date with current trends in impact investing and communicate key points in internal briefs.
• Serve as primary contact for external communications opportunities, including articles / publications, panels at conferences, and interviews;
• Collect and compile information for CCUSA application to membership networks such as the Catholic Impact Investing Collaborative;
• Draft social media content for Impact Investing at CCUSA;
• Support the development of content for an impact investing webpage(s) on the CCUSA website;
• Support impact investment training at CCUSA, member agencies, and/or social enterprises;
• Attend select sector events in the DC area.
• Identify and pursue a special project that fits with the intern’s interests and capacity.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis
This position will be unpaid.
• Bachelors candidate with an interest in impact investing, social enterprise, non-profit management, business administration, or other related area;
• Attention to detail;
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel;
• Ability to think critically;
• Excellent time management;
• Ability to work well individually and within teams;
• Comfort working in a multi-cultural environment;
• Flexibility and patience.
Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to Evan Gill at email@example.com. Please write “(first name).(last name) – ImpInv Summer Intern” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please no calls.
Catholic Charities USA
Catholic Charities USA
The mission of Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA) is to provide services to people in need, to advocate for justice in social structures, and to call the entire church and other people of good will to do the same. Founded over a century ago, CCUSA is comprised of 160+ local members throughout the US. It has a set of strategic priorities including Affordable Housing, Social Enterprise Initiatives, Immigrant & Refugee Services, Integrated Health, Food & Nutrition, and Disaster Services. Learn more at: .