About the Job
Are you passionate about advancing positive social and environmental change?
Do you want to join a small, dedicated team focused on mobilizing capital at a large scale into solutions addressing the world’s biggest challenges?
CapShift is seeking a dynamic, values-driven Intern to support our team’s Salesforce management and marketing content creation. If you answered “yes” to the above two questions, we encourage you to apply for this role.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- Curious and passionate about impact investing: We do not require prior work experience and encourage learning about the industry through a variety of methods, including self-initiated research.
- Able to learn and adapt quickly: We’ll provide the training to help you learn in this role, and you provide the energy and drive to grow and succeed.
- Responsible and eager to take initiative: We’re a small team with a lot to do, so we will rely on you to manage your own projects (with our help) and pursue new project ideas to help us improve.
- Finely attuned to detail: Strong proofreading skills, careful to double-check your work, and able to follow complex instructions? You’ve got what we’re looking for!
- Upbeat and a team player: Supporting each other’s work is an integral part of our team culture, and we like to have fun doing it.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a candidate seeking exposure to impact investing, financial services, and marketing. You’ll also be contributing significantly to the growth of a young and driven startup. CapShift is committed to building an inclusive team and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates across all backgrounds and identities.
Specifics about the role:
- Full-time position from May/June to August, with some flexibility on start and end dates.
- Office locations are Boston and West Newton, with some flexibility based on your needs.
- Primary responsibilities are supporting the robustness and quality of our Salesforce database and creating and maintaining quality collateral, with the opportunity to also take on (or create!) other projects that help drive the team’s success.
- Fit for current undergraduates or recent college graduates. Compensation provided.
If you’re interested, please submit your resume and one paragraph about your fit with our desired qualities to Emma Kulow at with the subject Impact Investing Summer Intern.
CapShift is an early-stage company providing an impact investing platform that empowers philanthropic and financial institutions, along with their clients, to mobilize capital for social and environmental change.
We partner with asset owners, major institutions, and financial advisors to help make impact investing possible. To learn more about us, explore our website at www.capshift.com – it contains extensive information about what we do and who we work with.
A lot of our work is with donor advised funds, a type of philanthropic vehicle that have over $120 billion in total assets under management. Check out the FAQs on our Resources & Insights page to learn more about how and why we work with them.
Additional resources to learn more:
- Definition of impact investing:
- Overview of donor advised funds and how they intersect with impact investing:
- Description of what CapShift does in the context of the broader donor advised fund market:
We always encourage thoughtful questions about our work.