About the Job
Are you passionate about the power of investing to change the world?
CapShift is an early-stage impact investing platform that empowers philanthropic and financial institutions, along with their clients, to mobilize capital for social and environmental change.
CapShift seeks two dynamic, values-driven, Summer Associates to join our Research team. The Associates will be involved in sourcing, qualifying, and conducting impact, operational, and financial due diligence as well as ad-hoc research for external clients and/or internal purposes. The candidate will report to the Director of Research and the Manager of Private Impact Investments, and must have experience in assessing responsible or impact funds, companies, or projects.
This position provides a unique opportunity to develop expertise in public and private impact investments across a diverse set of asset classes, themes, and geographies.
On-site work in Newton, MA and Boston, MA is strongly preferred, within a flexible working environment.
- Support all aspects of the investments team, including investment sourcing, screening, analysis, rating, and presentation
- Engage with companies and fund managers in public and private markets to collect information regarding investment opportunities
- Execute the investment screening process and make recommendations for improving it
- Synthesize and present investments to include on the CapShift database, and support presentation of investment opportunities to institutional and high net worth clients
- Develop expertise across specific asset classes, investment products, and impact sectors to compare to relevant peer groups, including developing relationship with industry experts and fund managers, and documenting learning outcomes
- Make recommendations to improve our impact screening and reporting capabilities
- Take leadership roles in other aspects of a high growth startup company, including team, culture, technology, market research, marketing, sales, and customer development
- 2+ years of work experience in investment analysis with demonstrated interest or experience in responsible or impact investing
- A passion for delivering value for clients while aligning financial returns with societal impact
- Demonstrated familiarity or interest with public fund managers, private funds (equity, debt, real assets) and direct investments
- Expertise in investment sourcing, screening, analysis, and presentation of operational, financial and impact factors of an investment
- Demonstrated strength in data analytics, effective reporting, and working with large data sets and legal documents
- Rigor and attention to details
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fit with working in a high growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities and leadership positions
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills required with preference for experience with Salesforce, and other common investment analysis tools
- Advanced or Undergraduate degree in Economics, Business, or equivalent preferred
If interested, please submit your CV and a one paragraph statement of interest with the subject [Impact Investing Summer Associate] to Alex Chamberlin at . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CapShift is expanding access to investments solving the world’s biggest problems. We offer a turnkey impact investing solution for Donor Advised Funds to help donors and financial advisors discover, execute, and monitor a curated menu of impact investments. We partner with blue-chip domain partners to source, curate and underwrite impact deals across multiple sectors, connecting vast pools of investable capital to high-impact projects and businesses.
CapShift was founded by MissionPoint Partners, a leading impact investment advisor & asset manager, and Jacques Perold, former President, Fidelity Management & Research Co. Investors in CapShift include the Heron Foundation, Omidyar Network, and other leading community development financial institutions (CDFIs) and pioneering impact investing families. Our leadership has managed billions of dollars of impact investments in disruptive solutions in the health, education, poverty, community finance, clean energy, and sustainable food sectors. We are building a team that combines deep impact investment experience with a nimble startup culture to transform the way individuals can find opportunities to invest their money for good. CapShift is located in Newton, MA, with team members in Connecticut and Washington DC.
CapShift is committed to building a diverse team.