About the Job
Enterprise Community Loan Fund is a certified community development financial institution and a member of the Enterprise family of companies. For almost 30 years, Enterprise has been at the forefront of impact investing, having raised and invested over $43 billion to help finance 585,000 affordable homes in communities across the nation. We amplify the impact of those investments by developing programmatic and policy solutions at scale for low- and moderate-income communities. For more information about Enterprise, please visit our website at www.enterprisecommunity.org.
The Loan Fund has an immediate opening for a Marketing and Impact Associate. The position will be in Columbia, MD. Reporting to the Senior Director, Impact Investing, the Marketing and Impact Associate is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Enterprise Community Impact Note program (Impact Note) as well as helping develop marketing assets to promote the Note program and content for impact/financial reporting to investors. Additionally, he/she will support the Loan Fund team as needed, including around marketing, communications, compliance, and application writing efforts.
Sales Support and Customer Service
- Serve as primary point of contact for investors, including initial point of contact for cold calls
- Provide background research on possible investors and partnerships
- Onboard new investors, answer questions regarding their investment, and provide impact and financial reporting
- Represent Enterprise and Loan Fund to external parties.
Marketing, Communications and Impact Reporting
- In partnership with Enterprise’s Knowledge, Impact and Strategy team, develop content to expand impact measurement and reporting on Loan Fund’s work
- Create and distribute regular updates of Loan Fund’s work, including web, social media, electronic and print materials
- Provide operational support to the Senior Director, Impact Investing
- Provide support to Loan Fund team, including coordination and writing for the submission of RFPs, other applications and comment letters, and for the Loan Fund president directly, including drafting speeches, presentations and talking points as well as other communications all as it relates to Loan Fund’s impact investing work (e.g. articles, blogs, etc.)
Operations and Compliance
- Work with internal legal counsel to assist in updating all offering, marketing and registration documents annually or as needed
- Work with both internal and external legal under direction of Senior Director, Impact Investing
- Draft and send communications to investors, in partnership with the Senior Director, Impact Investing
- Manage and maintain accurate and timely data in Loan Fund’s technology systems (to include Salesforce)
- Serve as primary contact for accounting team for Impact Note
- Other Capital Management duties as assigned
- Some travel will be required on occasion (~10%)
- Undergraduate degree in political science, communications, business, marketing, finance or related field.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with demonstrated ability to write persuasively
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter with proven analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of internal and external parties.
- Basic understanding of accounting and finance preferred but not required
- Highly motivated, team player.
- Ability to provide a high-level of customer service
- Demonstrated interest in impact investing, community development, and/or affordable housing
- Prior work in the CDFI, affordable housing, or impact investing field a plus but not required
Enterprise Community Investment
Enterprise’s mission is to create opportunity for low- and moderate-income people through affordable housing in diverse, thriving communities. We are driven by our mission, fueled by business discipline and sustained by donors and investors. Since 1982, Enterprise has worked with partners in communities nationwide. One of America’s original social enterprises, we bring together the people and resources to create affordable housing in strong neighborhoods. Within Enterprise are entities that lend funds, finance development and manage and build affordable housing. To date, Enterprise has invested $18.6 billion, helped create nearly 340,000 homes and touched millions of lives. In fact, every day someone moves into a better place to live thanks to Enterprise.