About the Job
Yunus Social Business, East Africa is looking for a Strategy Consultant for a duration of 3-6 months, starting in February 2020. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather quantitative and qualitative data to support problem-solving, scoping, business case analysis and recommendation development
- Present different strategic growth options, operating models and new services & products to stakeholders to drive structured and data-based decision making
- Work closely with local and global team to leverage existing knowledge and relevant inputs
- Conduct problem solving workshops with key stakeholders to define and co-develop the strategy and key initiatives to support the strategy
- Own the project delivery of assigned work packages and work streams according to agreed project scope and deliverables
- Learning and fun environment
- Opportunity to work with experienced professionals in the impact investment sector
- Opportunity for bold and creative thinking in an emerging space
- You have a Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent education
- You have minimum of 4-5 years of experience in corporate strategy, investment banking, venture capital, private equity or strategy consulting
- You are proactive and have a thirst for excellence and results
- You have excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge of the impact investment sector in East Africa is preferable though not essential
- Must be a Kenyan National or have a Kenyan Work Permit
Please apply to with the Subject ‘Strategy Consultant’ by 19th January 2020, including:
- Your Resume (English)
- A meaningful cover letter, explaining your motivation for the role, your enthusiasm for the role and, most importantly, what makes you a good fit for the position
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis. We hope for your understanding that, due to the many applications we receive, we can only contact shortlisted applicants. Thank you.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Yunus Social Business - Global Initiatives
Yunus Social Business is a non-profit venture fund. We believe that business can be used to solve human problems. We turn donations into investments in social businesses that provide employment, education, healthcare, clean water and clean energy to over nine million people worldwide.
Co-founded by Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus, our mission is to promote social business as a sustainable alternative to long-term aid, bridging the gap between business and philanthropy.
Our social business venture fund covers 7 regions and our in-country teams run regular workshops and social business accelerators for local entrepreneurs. We invest in promising social businesses providing them with patient finance as well as long term business support.