About the Job
The GIIN’s Member Engagement team is the primary client-facing program of the GIIN. It aims to support the GIIN’s members (diversified financial institutions, fund managers, institutional and private asset owners, and service providers) to develop connections with peers and work together to address common challenges.
The GIIN seeks a part time intern (20-25 hours/week) – to begin as soon as possible and extend through summer 2020. This position is ideal for candidates that would like to develop a solid basis in the impact investing field and understand the key players across the capital supply chain. The position will report to a Member Engagement manager.
- Conduct market research on impact trends and target audiences for engagement
- Plan operational and logistical elements of events
- Support administrative needs of the team
Possible Sample projects:
- Market research, including mapping institutional and private investors in a given geography
- Background research on specific organizations, such as their mission, assets under management, impact motivations, and key staff
- Research on given geographic markets or sectors
- Development of contact lists
- Communication with members in advance of, and following, events
- Excellent collaboration, organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Capacity to take initiative and work independently and engage with a fast-paced team
- Demonstrated interest in impact investing / using capital as a force for good
- Working Knowledge of financial markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Working Knowledge of Salesforce, MailChimp, EventBrite, and/or SurveyMonkey is a plus
- Team-orientated, with strong interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Experience in high-growth organizations is advantageous, but not required
- Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values:
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Seasonal role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position will be based in New York, NY.
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
All interested parties must email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at . State “WINTER-SPRING ASSOCIATE _ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter and include your project fee requirements.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world. Impact investing is among the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 330 members in 45 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit