About the Job
Yunus Social Business – Global Initiatives (YSB), based in Berlin, is looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to join our team as of March 2020 to drive the development of YSB's M&E strategy.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Design M&E strategy and impact measurement framework including market benchmarking with peers, best practice research, framework design, implementation plan, tools and instruments as well as internal training requirements
- Roll out framework consistently across existing YSB portfolio and establish processes to implement it with new portfolio companies
- Manage ongoing data collection activities by field based portfolio teams ensuring data quality and consistency
- Design and implement portfolio support activities in close collaboration with global portfolio and in-country teams and support the development of new portfolio management tools & processes
- Lead project management and coordination with external evaluation firms
- Support partnerships team in business development and proposal process through providing concise and appealing impact data on the effectiveness of our programs
- Collaborate with the communications team to translate key findings and data into appealing communication pieces for external stakeholders
- Produce internal guidelines and training material, templates and educational material to support portfolio teams and investees with monitoring and evaluation
- Represent YSB at industry and topic related key conferences, trainings and meetings
- Design and conduct training sessions with portfolio teams and entrepreneurs in target countries
- A great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm to help create social businesses with us
- An exciting work environment with great scope for taking on significant responsibilities within projects and within a growing and developing organization
- The opportunity to work closely with a dynamic, international and open-minded team
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development, or a related field
- At least five years work experience, a minimum of three years in M&E; including field experience
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring tools, procedures and systems
- Experience in project management and working with external service providers
- Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to distill complex information in high-quality and compelling reports
- Moderate international travel required
- Experience in developing training material and delivering training sessions, remote and in-country
- Knowledge of existing metric sets and standards in the impact investing industry
- Experience in developing countries is an advantage
Please apply to (incl. the subject line “Monitoring & Evaluation Manager”) by 23rd January 2020, sending
- A meaningful covering letter, explaining your motivation for the job, your enthusiasm for the role and, most importantly what makes you a good fit for the position
- Your resume
- Your salary expectations
We hope for your understanding that we will only contact suitable candidates.
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis.
Yunus Social Business - Global Initiatives
Yunus Social Business is a non-profit venture fund. We believe that business can be used to solve human problems. We turn donations into investments in social businesses that provide employment, education, healthcare, clean water and clean energy to over nine million people worldwide.
Co-founded by Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus, our mission is to promote social business as a sustainable alternative to long-term aid, bridging the gap between business and philanthropy.
Our social business venture fund covers 7 regions and our in-country teams run regular workshops and social business accelerators for local entrepreneurs. We invest in promising social businesses providing them with patient finance as well as long term business support.