About the Job
Yunus Social Business – Global Initiatives is looking for a part time Strategy Consultant for a duration of 3-4 months, starting ideally in February 2020. The position is based in Berlin, Germany.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Support the development of the overall fundraising strategy for Yunus Social Business; building on the past track record, preliminary research on peers, impact funds and investors
- Conduct structured investor needs assessment through research and interviews and refine peer organization mapping with specific focus on East-Africa as well as a new global fund
- Work closely with YSB senior leadership and country teams to leverage local knowledge and relevant inputs and align with evolving investment strategy
- Distill the findings into a clear value proposition and recommendations on the market positioning for the regional and global fundraising strategies, focus on East-Africa and new global fund
- Build summary of investor sources/groups; overview of the archetypes of investors, that could be targeted for investment in global and regional funds
- Prepare, facilitate and follow up steering meeting and strategy/problem solving workshops to drive decision making
- Build the operating model, organizational setup and implementation roadmap to deliver on the global and regional fundraising approach including capability & capacity assessment as well as potential approaches to meet identified gaps
- Autonomously manage the project deliverables of assigned work packages and work streams according to agreed project scope and deliverables
- Minimum 10+ years experience in fields such as corporate strategy, fundraising, investment banking, VC, PE or management consultancy
- Financial / quantitative analysis experience
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives and investors
- Ability to present complex information in an insightful and structured manner,
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office; strong PowerPoint skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Knowledge and existing network in the impact investment sector is preferable
- A work permit for Germany
- Fluency in English, German would be a plus but not required
Please apply to with the Subject ‘Strategy Consultant’ by January 23rd 2020, including:
- Your Resume (English)
- A meaningful capability statement, explaining your motivation for the role and past relevant experience / work assignments
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis. We hope for your understanding that, due to the many applications we receive, we can only contact shortlisted applicants. Thank you.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Yunus Social Business - Global Initiatives
Yunus Social Business is a non-profit venture fund. We believe that business can be used to solve human problems. We turn donations into investments in social businesses that provide employment, education, healthcare, clean water and clean energy to over nine million people worldwide.
Co-founded by Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus, our mission is to promote social business as a sustainable alternative to long-term aid, bridging the gap between business and philanthropy.
Our social business venture fund covers 7 regions and our in-country teams run regular workshops and social business accelerators for local entrepreneurs. We invest in promising social businesses providing them with patient finance as well as long term business support.