About the Job
We are looking for
An experienced and dedicated professional who will be responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships with portfolio companies in some countries of Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Caucasus, developing a pipeline of potential investments, traveling to and performing on site due diligence on these companies, analyzing credit risk, understanding their debt funding needs, and monitoring their financial and operational performance during the investment's life. The position is based in our Head Office in Geneva with reporting line to the Regional Manager.
- Conduct on-site due diligence of financial institutions in Eastern Europe and Caucasus;
- Write credit risk appraisals, investment advisory reports and social performance evaluations;
- Monitor global situation, opportunities and risks in financial markets of the above mentioned region;
- Develop a pipeline of investable targets in specific financial markets, including micro, leasing, and SME financing institutions;
- Maintain and monitor a portfolio of 15 companies, including monthly financial reporting;
- Support the development of new business opportunities in the region
We are looking for a dynamic and autonomous person, able to work in fast growing and challenging environment and demonstrating a strong attention to detail. More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in a finance related field;
- Strong analytical skills with previous experience (minimum 2 years) in credit analysis, financial analysis or investment management;
- Professional experience or strong knowledge of Eastern Europe and/or Caucasus;
- Good knowledge of the development finance or impact investing industry;
- Proven interest for emerging and frontier markets and sustainable development;
- Fluent in English; good knowledge of Russian;
- Willingness and readiness to travel (up to 30%);
- Valid work permit for Switzerland.
Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing in emerging and frontier markets, offering market research, investment advisory and asset management services. We are regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and our daughter company Symbiotics (UK) Ltd has an investment firm license from the FCA in the UK. Symbiotics currently employs 160 people and is headquartered in Geneva, with further offices in Zurich, London, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Singapore and Cape Town. Since 2004, we have invested over USD 5bn in more than 400 microfinance institutions across around 80 emerging and frontier markets, working with more than 30 investment funds and many institutional investors.
We are a fast-growing, market-leading company, offering a dynamic work environment in the growing impact investment space.