About the Job
Neuberger Berman believes that material environmental, social and governance characteristics are an important driver of long-term investment returns from both an opportunity and a risk mitigation perspective. We also understand that for many of our clients, the impact of their portfolio is an important consideration in conjunction with investment performance. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Fixed Income business, working collaboratively across the investment grade and non-investment grade teams to support the implementation of the firm’s commitment to ESG integration in investment processes. The individual would also be an integral partner to the firm’s ESG Investing team and will have an opportunity to influence firm strategy on sustainability and related issues.
- Support the deeper integration of ESG analysis into fundamental credit research across the Investment Grade and Non-Investment Grade credit research teams;
- Engagement with portfolio companies on financially material topics relevant to the company’s business model such as climate change, worker health and safety, gender equality, or data privacy and cyber security. Drive engagement with portfolio companies on ESG topics such as their contribution the UN Sustainable Development Goals; Identify emerging ESG topics which may become material to credit risk and work with credit analysts and Portfolio Managers to evaluate for the portfolio;
- Partner with the Big Data team to identify novel ESG data sources and analytic techniques which can support enhanced credit analysis;
- Contribute to thought leadership through research and writing, client engagement and broader industry collaborations through content development and communications.
- Demonstrated experience in ESG investing, sustainability or impact investing and high proficiency in ESG and sustainability data, frameworks, reporting, and industry best practices;
- Demonstrated experience of investment processes which may have come from work experience in investment banking, investment management, sell-side research, or management consulting;
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other data analytics;
- Self-starter with strong analytical, organizational, writing, and project management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable and presentable deliverables;
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects in a collaborative manner with multiple stakeholders through to completion in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Accountable, with a strong sense of professionalism and integrity;
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience. CFA or MBA is a plus.
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com.
About Neuberger Berman:
Founded in 1939, Neuberger Berman is a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager. From offices in 23 countries worldwide, the firm manages $333 billion in client assets (as of June 30, 2019) across a range of strategies—including equity, fixed income, quantitative and multi-asset class, private equity and hedge funds—on behalf of institutions, advisors and individual investors globally.
Tenured, stable and long-term in focus, the firm has built a diverse team—including 600-plus investment professionals and more than 2,100 employees in total—united in their commitment to delivering client outcomes and investment excellence. It is our people who define our culture and have enabled us to be recognized by Pensions & Investments as the first or second “Best Place to Work in Money Management” for last five consecutive years (firms with 1,000+ employees).
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At Neuberger Berman, we are dedicated to cultivating a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment,where our people can be their authentic selves and realize their professional and personal goals. Our approach is based on three primary tenets: empowering, connecting and caring.
Empowering: Our people have a voice and can bring their unique perspectives to both the business table and our walls. Notably, our Advocacy Walk—located on our executive floor—is a curation of pieces from our art collection that highlights important societal issues, and reinforces that we are a firm that encourages feedback and inspires our colleagues to take risks.
Connecting: Our people are united in the way we collaborate and lead. With support from the firm, many of our engagement initiatives, create a greater sense of fellowship amongst our colleagues and stronger connections. This includes our Employee Resources Groups—Women’s Forum, Veterans Group, NB Pride Network, NextGen Network, and the NB Black Experience—and cultural celebrations for Diwali, Chinese New Year and Hispanic Heritage Month, among others in which we celebrate the diversity of our people.
Caring: Our people serve their communities. Our NB Impacts program allows employees to leverage the firm’s broad resources to support their causes globally through charity and volunteer efforts that matter to them. From providing financial support (including the Neuberger Berman Foundation and corporate grants) to using our skills, time and effort
(volunteerism and nonprofit board service), we believe strongly in extending our culture of service from clients to our community.
Neuberger Berman is passionate about supporting this environment by creating a workplace that provides balance and support for our employees—both professionally and personally. Our Employee Investment Solutions and best-in-class retirement program focus on financial health and wellness. Inhouse yoga, meditation and Peloton bikes, along with nutrition counseling and healthy cooking demos, are among our many body and mind wellness opportunities. Finally, our benefits are on the leading edge of policies around domestic partner benefits and family-oriented programs, including primary and nonprimary care leave, adoption benefits, back-up childcare, and our NeuParents support and networking group.
Our people and our culture are our greatest assets, and we remain committed to making Neuberger Berman a best-in-class place to work.