About the Job
As part of the Global People Management & Operations Teams at Instiglio, the People & Operations Senior Associate designs and executes initiatives, programs and processes related to Instiglio’s Employee Lifecycle and internal Operations.
They are responsible for the administration, improvement, and development of internal systems to promote employee wellbeing, engagement and performance, as well as operational effectiveness and efficiency. Their role directly contributes to sustainable people engagement with our culture, mission, strategy, and organizational change initiatives. The key responsibilities of the People & Operations Senior Associate will include, but are not limited to:
- Learning and Development:
- Support the development and execute a global learning and development program
- Oversee delivery of regional learning and development offerings
- Lead upskilling efforts by conducting learning needs analysis, building customized learning plans, and supporting training design and implementation
- Customize relevant training content, guaranteeing accessibility, effectiveness, and performance acceleration
- Facilitate and support Project Teams in the facilitation of in-house technical and leadership trainings
- Supports the development of internal communications highlighting learning and development opportunities
- Performance Management:
- Support the full life cycle of Performance Management redesign, development, implementation, and evaluation
- Manage the execution of the Performance Management processes
- Support the design and implementation of internal reward and recognition programs to attract and engage top talent
- Wellbeing & employee engagement:
- Develop and execute wellbeing programs; encourage engagement; build organizational culture and employees connection to themselves, the team, and the organization; monitor organizational climate and employee engagement and satisfaction
- Assess organizational culture, capabilities, and alignment to effectively tailor change management approaches that support the adoption of organizational change initiatives
- Analyze the results of current internal measurement tools to inform the development of people management strategies, programs, initiatives and activities
- Cross-functional support to internal operations:
- Support the development of policies and procedures that boost organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Build, maintain and improve organizational and operational systems, thereby structuring cross-office interaction and collaboration
- Support the development of internal systems and knowledge management initiatives
- Ad hoc projects and analyses across functions and subsequent communication of recommendations
- Drive key insights using unstructured data to improve organizational decision making
- Advice and assist the Management Team and Instiglio employees in general people management related matters such as benefits, compensation, and others
We are growing a team of resourceful go-getters that are driven by our mission, curious about the world, and dedicated to a life of learning. An ideal candidate will have:
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, industrial engineering, psychology or related fields
- Master or other postgraduate degree in human resources administration, change management or related fields
- At least 6 years in the field of Human Resources and/or Organizational Development. Experience in consultancy services strongly preferred
Technical knowledge in learning and growth, change management, wellbeing, organizational culture, reward and recognition
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Intermediate skills in Google SpreadSheets
- English C2 (Native English speaker is mandatory), Spanish C1
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience in change management
- Experience in the international development sector or in startup environments
- Experience working with a global team
- French B1
- Required Skills:
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills both in English and Spanish
- Exceptional attention to details
- Ability to work comfortably and communicate effectively in a multinational, culturally diverse and virtual environment
- Emotional Intelligence: Resilience and advance self-management skills (emotional regulation, self-awareness, self-actualization)
- Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change when presented with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Excellent structured thinking and analytical skills to independently conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Exceptional execution and process management capabilities
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills
- Preferred Skills:
- Demonstrates organizational mindset, with understanding of global focus and appreciation for regional differences required.
- Coaching & mentoring
- Strategic thinking
As a trusted advisor to governments, foundations, and bilateral and multilateral organizations, Instiglio is contributing to building a global movement for results. We are institutionalizing an outcomes mindset at a systemic level to ensure the greatest possible impact of social programs and public policies across sectors, such as education, health, employment, among others.
We aim to be instrumental in shaping expectations, raising standards, and promoting best practices of the international development community’s impact on the world. We believe we can best contribute by: (1) Continuously innovating on the existing Results-Based-Financing (RBF) and capacity-building tools, uncovering new approaches, and openly sharing our experience and insights with the development community; and (2) Improving public sector performance and delivery in low- and middle-income countries through deep strategic engagement and technical assistance.
Since our founding in 2012, playing our part in the global movement for results has required an evolution in our tools and processes, increased agility in implementation, and engagement across the systemic and sectoral levels. We have supported key stakeholders by creating tools and practices that offer more flexibility in finding solutions to intractable social problems and incorporate greater accountability for outcomes.
To that end we have: Contributed to embedding results-orientation within the National Development Plan of the Colombian government as well as within the multi-million-dollar social development programs of Morocco and Sierra Leone; Built the multi-million dollar Poverty Alleviation Outcomes Fund (PAOF), with two more funds on the way; and structured +25 Results-Based Financing (RBF) projects in over 15 Latin American, African, and South Asian countries.
Headquartered in Bogotá, Colombia, we are a team of 50+ people and representing 10+ nationalities, with offices in Kenya, Peru, and the USA. Our diverse and passionate, global team is brought together by a desire to change the status quo and to execute high-quality work with integrity, collaboration, and innovation at the core of everything we do.