About the Job
About the Environment Team
Our Environment team consists of three practice areas – Urban & Coastal Resilience, Agriculture, and Forestry & Land Use – and develops investments across a range of environmental issue areas, including green stormwater infrastructure, wetland restoration, sustainable agriculture, water quality, recreation infrastructure, waste recovery, energy efficiency, and conservation.
The team works with nonprofit organizations, social enterprises, corporations, investors, and governments who demonstrate capacity for transformative social and environmental change. By negotiating purposeful partnerships between leaders across sectors, we help them tap into and accelerate the deployment of financial resources needed to sufficiently pilot and scale environmental projects, and deliver meaningful impact. We do this through transactions that structure payment around the outcomes of a project, rather than just the project costs, an approach we first pioneered in the environmental space through Environmental Impact Bonds (EIBs).
What We Do
We design and execute outcomes-based transactions from beginning to end. Our work includes:
- Prospect due diligence: Analyzing business operations, target markets, working experience, growth strategy, and other areas before determining whether to work with a prospect.
- Feasibility assessments: Ensuring service provider and payor readiness to participate in outcomes-based contracts.
- Project management and contract / transaction structuring: Moving multiple stakeholders through our methodology while being attentive, responsive, and flexible to their individual needs is a requirement to efficiently structure a transaction.
- Evaluation design: We help determine, with stakeholders, the desired level of rigor to evaluate the effectiveness of the project.
- Financial modeling and outcomes pricing: We develop the budgets or models required to enable scale and project success, and then layer on projected outcomes, timelines, outcomes effect sizes, and projected cost savings, leveraging payor historical data to establish baselines.
- Capital sourcing: We help our clients develop growth plans, prioritize and reach out to potential investors, and advise on term negotiations with the goal of sourcing the required capital to scale interventions and social impact.
- Post-project launch management: Once the capital is secured, the project begins. While much of Quantified Ventures’ work is related to structuring investable projects, there is a large role that we play in ensuring the ongoing success of the project by managing the contract and evaluation model, while knowing when to adjust course to maximize the likelihood of achieving outcomes.
As a key member of the Quantified Ventures environmental team, the Senior Associate will play an instrumental role in contributing to the growth and development of all areas of the business including transaction structuring, growth strategy, business development, product development, and client service delivery, focusing in particular within our environmental sector. The Senior Associate will report to a Director on the Environment team.
- Playing a key role in project teams that are responsible for the following:
- Conducting due diligence on prospects and potential transaction partners and stakeholders;
- Conducting research on client issue areas;
- Identifying and/or developing effective, scalable, and compliant interventions;
- Management of evaluation partners;
- Drafting program and/or intervention budgets;
- Building economic and financial models to price outcomes and predict future revenues, savings, and/or cash flows;
- Facilitating and supporting client working sessions;
- Developing, drafting, and negotiating financing and outcomes terms and structure; and
- Leading investor outreach and syndication process.
- Facilitating key aspects of client delivery process for portion of Quantified Ventures’ Environment portfolio. This includes time and resource budgeting, timeline management, deliverable preparation, client and stakeholder management, invoice and expenses accuracy oversight, and contract management.
- Supporting business development activities as a subject matter expert, including drafting proposal scopes, preparing and delivering pitch presentations, speaking at conferences, and enhancing industry presence and thought leadership by drafting white papers and blogs.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of internal organizational processes and protocols.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative consulting environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We seek an entrepreneurial candidate with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission.
Senior Associate candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A graduate degree (MBA, MS, MEM, MF, or MPA/MPP) is preferred;
- At least 4 years of experience in the areas of finance, economics, business management, strategy, or a related field; preference for experience in municipal or project finance, investment banking, or management consulting;
- Experience in environmental and/or infrastructure projects with specific background in one or more issue areas including green infrastructure and resilience, agriculture, water resources, forestry management, and energy/energy efficiency;
- Knowledge of or experience with project-based lending and/or debt markets is a plus;
- Knowledge of or experience working with environmental issues or regulations at the federal, state, and local government levels is a plus;
- Experience developing complex models capable of capturing key business drivers to measure growth, profitability, expenses, efficiency, and productivity;
- Experience translating financial models and forecasts into actionable, understandable recommendations and guidance for leadership teams;
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, and an aptitude for critical thinking and complex problem solving;
- Strong people and program management skills, with practice navigating complex projects and partner relationships to seek consensus amidst other priorities like time and budget constraints;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to quickly research, synthesize, and summarize critical findings on unfamiliar topics;
- Ability to manage multiple and competing projects, and work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team;
- Willingness and ability to express contrary views;
- Top-notch listening and communications skills;
- An ability to bring humor, curiosity, joy and humility into this groundbreaking work, and;
- Passion for advancing the field of innovative environmental finance.
Please send a cover letter and resume to with the subject line of “Senior Associate, Environmental Finance.” Review of applications will be conducted on a rolling basis.
About Quantified Ventures
Quantified Ventures is an outcomes-based capital firm that drives transformative environmental, health, and social impact. Through a process of identification, due diligence, and structuring, we design creative and efficient outcomes-based financial transactions for clients, helping to deploy impact capital to scale innovative and impactful social and environmental solutions. We operate in two teams – Environment and Health & Human Services.
The large and growing market for impact investment capital challenges the notion that there has to be a trade-off between financial and social returns. By deploying impact capital to environmental initiatives and social enterprises that are both demonstrating positive impact and achieving sustainability, we can build capacity to address the world’s most pressing challenges. At Quantified Ventures, we simplify access to impact capital to scale solutions and interventions that drive true social and environmental change through innovative financing mechanisms.