About the Job
About the Environment Team
The Environment Team works with nonprofit organizations, entrepreneurs, corporations, investors, and governments who demonstrate capacity for transformative social and environmental change. By negotiating purposeful partnerships between leaders across sectors, we help them tap into and accelerate the deployment of financial resources needed to sufficiently pilot and scale environmental projects, and deliver meaningful impact. We do this through transactions that structure payment around the outcomes of a project, rather than just the project costs. We pioneered this approach in the environmental space in 2016 by helping to structure the first-ever Environmental Impact Bond with DC Water. Our Environmental team focuses on channeling investment across a range of environmental issue areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
The summer intern will be an integral part of our team and will be expected to produce necessary deliverables for clients and to support day-to-day needs of other colleagues in the environment team. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with QV Staff to produce deliverables for our clients, including:
- Research, analysis, and synthesis to inform strategy and provide tailored client recommendations
- Cost-benefit analyses and economic models to forecast outcomes, cost savings and/or cash flows
- Investment-grade, client-facing PowerPoint presentations.
- Conducting research on relevant topics for business strategy and projects, such as: agricultural best management practices (BMPs), green infrastructure, outdoor recreation, forestry and timber, food waste, sustainable fisheries, energy efficiency
- Supporting business development initiatives by helping with research on prospects and crafting proposals for services.
- Representing QV in federal efforts (e.g., Capitol Hill Days, Congressional strategy calls and meetings) related to legislation on evidence-based policy and Pay for Success approaches and mechanisms.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We are seeking entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission. More specifically, candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (required). Candidates that are currently enrolled in a graduate program are preferred.
- At least 2 years of direct environmental, conservation, and/or infrastructure industry experience in the areas of finance, economics, project management or development, strategy, policy, or related field;
- Work experience in the financial sector a plus (e.g., municipal finance, project finance, banking, investment banking, investment funds);
- Specific background preferred in one or more of: green infrastructure, climate and disaster resilience, natural resource management, agriculture, water resource management, forestry management, or energy/energy efficiency;
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, and an aptitude for critical thinking and complex problem solving;
- Strong people and program management skills, with practice navigating complex projects and partner relationships;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to quickly research, synthesize, and summarize critical findings on unfamiliar topics;
- Top-notch listening and communications skills;
- An ability to bring humor, curiosity, joy and humility into this groundbreaking work;
- Passion for advancing the field of outcomes-based financing, and;
- Proof of U.S. work authorization.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Laura Drescher at with the subject line of “Environment Summer Intern Application.”
About Quantified Ventures
Quantified Ventures is an outcomes-based capital firm that drives transformative health, social, and environmental impact. Through a process of identification, due diligence, and structuring, we design outcomes-based financial transactions for clients, helping to deploy impact capital to scale proven social and environmental solutions. We operate in two teams, Health and Environment, across four practice areas: Health & Human Services, Urban & Coastal Resilience, Agriculture, and Forestry & Land Use.
The large and growing market for impact investment capital challenges the notion that there has to be a trade-off between financial and social returns. By deploying impact capital to social enterprises that are both demonstrating positive impact and achieving sustainability, we can build capacity to address the world’s most pressing challenges. At Quantified Ventures, we simplify access to impact capital to scale solutions and interventions that drive true social change through innovative financing mechanisms.