About the Job
About the Health and Human Services Team
Our Health and Human Services practice creates opportunities for healthcare organizations to test partnerships with community-based service organizations seeking scaling capital to advance promising solutions. We collaborate with Medicaid Managed Care organizations, health systems, and other entities that assume financial risk for individuals and populations by supporting them in their transition to value-based care. We help quantify the full value of interventions, identify potential repayment sources and means, and attract external capital from the large and expanding pool of investors seeking both social and financial returns. This work enables healthcare companies and human services organizations to collaboratively test and scale innovative solutions that address critical and often unmet needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
The summer intern will be an integral part of our team and will be expected to produce necessary deliverables for clients and to support day-to-day needs of other colleagues in the health team. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with QV Staff to produce deliverables for our health clients, including:
- Research, analysis, and synthesis to inform strategy and provide tailored client recommendations
- Cost-benefit analyses and economic models to forecast outcomes, cost savings and/or cash flows
- Investment-grade, client-facing PowerPoint presentations.
- Conducting research on:
- Common issue areas impacting the members/patients of our clients (e.g. risk-bearing health systems, Medicaid/Medicare health plans).
- Innovations and promising or evidence-based solutions to move the needle on the identified health issues
- Federal and State health market and regulatory trends enabling and/or supporting further opportunities for outcomes-based financing
- Supporting business development initiatives by helping with research on prospects and crafting proposals for services.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We are seeking entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission. More specifically, candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (required). Candidates currently enrolled in a graduate program are preferred.
- At least 2 years of direct health and/or healthcare industry experience in the areas of finance, economics, business management, strategy, or related field;
- Recent experience working with healthcare provider practices, hospitals, health systems, health plans or related types of entities;
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, and an aptitude for critical thinking and complex problem solving;
- Strong people and program management skills, with practice navigating complex projects and partner relationships;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to quickly research, synthesize, and summarize critical findings on unfamiliar topics;
- A broad understanding of value-based care, Medicare, and Medicaid;
- Understanding of social determinants of health;
- Top-notch listening and communications skills;
- An ability to bring humor, curiosity, joy and humility into this groundbreaking work;
- Passion for advancing the field of outcomes-based financing, and;
- Proof of U.S. work authorization.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Gurbani Singh at with the subject line of “Health Summer Intern Application.”
About Quantified Ventures
Quantified Ventures is an outcomes-based capital firm that drives transformative health, social, and environmental impact. Through a process of identification, due diligence, and structuring, we design outcomes-based financial transactions for clients, helping to deploy impact capital to scale proven social and environmental solutions. We operate in two teams, Health and Environment, across four practice areas: Health & Human Services, Urban & Coastal Resilience, Agriculture, and Forestry & Land Use.
The large and growing market for impact investment capital challenges the notion that there has to be a trade-off between financial and social returns. By deploying impact capital to social enterprises that are both demonstrating positive impact and achieving sustainability, we can build capacity to address the world’s most pressing challenges. At Quantified Ventures, we simplify access to impact capital to scale solutions and interventions that drive true social change through innovative financing mechanisms.