About the Job
This is a unique opportunity for an early-career individual to gain exposure to impact investing and strategy consulting. The Analyst will gain diverse experience playing an important role on projects, through executing research, producing materials, and supporting project coordination and management, among other responsibilities.
Candidates will be considered for the New York or San Francisco office. Candidates will be offered an initial six-month employment agreement, with the possibility of converting to a permanent employee thereafter, pending the business’s needs at that time and performance. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The ideal candidate has a collaborative disposition; appreciates thoughtful and efficiently managed processes; is exceptionally well-organized with an eye for detail; communicates well; and is committed to advancing social and environmental outcomes. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness.
Desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
- Knowledge of impact management a plus
- Experience in consulting, impact investing, finance, philanthropy, and/or research a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Financial / quantitative analysis experience a plus
- Adept at using Microsoft Office; strong PowerPoint skills and design sensibilities a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Sense of humor and self-awareness
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include strategy development, research and education, investment product and platform design, and impact management.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading asset owners, intermediaries, and service providers active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; and Austin, TX, and is led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
Tideline is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive workplace.