About the Job
We are currently seeking an EE/RE Specialist (all genders) to strengthen our technical and engineering competencies for our renewable energy and energy efficiency finance portfolio. The successful candidate will be based at the FS-UNEP Centre’s head office in Frankfurt, Germany. International travel is required. The position is initially limited for a period of 24 months with the possibility for extension.
- Business development and acquisition of new projects in the fields of renewable energy and energy efficiency as well project implementation in development finance context
- Work on the interface between technical and financial aspects of renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Enhancing financial and techno-economic analysis by adding technical expert knowledge in a wide portfolio of projects
- Project design and budgeting, project management / implementation, and supervision of international consulting and training projects, and of programmatic financing approaches. This includes reporting, budget responsibility, and coordination of external experts
- Supporting the Senior Project Manager in development and design of new products and consulting concepts as well as training approaches
- Relationship Management: Correspondence with local, national and international clients as well as with experts / consultants
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in consulting and techno-economic assessments of energy projects, ideally within a development finance context
- Strong understanding of green technologies in general, and renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions in particular. Experience in emerging markets is a plus
- Professional track record in project management and operative implementation of international projects
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Sound knowledge of current international climate change developments and north-south cooperation
- Strong capacity for teamwork, but also ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills within and outside the team, commitment, sociability, flexibility, intercultural sensitivity
- University degree in engineering or a related field
- Fluent in English and at least one other language, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in MS Office; experience with HOMER is a plus
Please submit your application, including your CV and a cover letter to:
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management,
Tobias Panofen, Adickesallee 32-34,
60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany,
or by e-mail to
At Frankfurt School, we embrace difference and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services, and our community. Frankfurt School is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Frankfurt School - UNEP Collaborating Centre for Climate & Sustainable Energy Finance
The FS-UNEP Collaborating Centre for Climate & Sustainable Finance (“Centre”) is a strategic cooperation between UN Environment and Frankfurt School of Finance & Management. Our overall objective in the Centre is to facilitate public and private financing of sustainable energy and climate change mitigation and adaptation actions across the globe. Our team develops and structures green financial instruments, implements innovative climate finance projects and advises on policy development and changes, and provides trainings.
Finance is at the core of all our activities, and while we have a reputation for unbiased analysis and applying a mix of economic and financial assessments, we always consider the larger economic and political context in our work. Creative and unorthodox thinking combined with a strong focus on the project specific reality are part of our daily work, as we aim to provide conceptually sound and hands-on recommendations.
Our project business is driven by a combination of proactive and responsive approaches. We often cooperate with donor institutions such as development banks on project structuring and implementation. We also develop cutting-edge programmes and financing approaches on our own.
We offer an international team and a stimulating environment with close ties to commercial banks and the industry. For further information see our website.