About the Job
The role is an opportunity to be involved in various aspects of Tideline’s internal functions, working with the firm’s Managing Partners and other members of the team. The primary focus areas for the position include: managing scheduling and other administrative support for the firm’s three Managing Partners, playing a key role coordinating business development and marketing efforts, and supporting the coordination and execution of operational and other internal matters.
Candidates will be considered for Tideline’s New York City office. Candidates will be offered an initial six-month employment agreement, with the possibility of converting to a permanent employee thereafter. The start date is currently expected to be in January 2020.
The coordinating roles described below imply taking responsibility for scheduling, communicating, and supporting planning to ensure the key internal priorities are addressed in an organized and timely manner. Much of the work is administrative in nature, but fully embracing the role will be an opportunity to take initiative and ownership in core business functions for the firm, going beyond what is typically envisioned in an administrative position. Core responsibilities include:
Scheduling and administrative support (35%):
- Managing scheduling and providing other administrative support for the three Managing Partners
- Supporting the coordination and planning for team-wide meetings and retreats
- Overseeing office management in the respective office
Business development coordination (35%):
- Support coordination of business development activities, helping to ensure priorities are addressed, working closely with other team members
- Maintaining and improving processes in using the firm’s customer relationship management (CRM) platform, Insightly
- Support preparations for business development events and related outreach and/or speaking opportunities
- Help guide and inform regular business development coordination meetings, including by working with other team members to identify priorities and/or leads
- Ensure business development and marketing materials are up to date
- Support periodic strategic review of business development efforts to identify trends, lessons, and improvements
Operational support (20%):
- Oversee internal documents and resources, including Tideline’s intranet
- Maintain time tracking and staffing systems up to date
- Support enhancements in internal processes and systems on an ad hoc basis
- Support scheduling for recruiting efforts
Marketing support (10%):
- Support coordination of marketing activities on ad hoc basis (e.g., coordinating thought leadership efforts, overseeing distribution for newsletters, etc.)
- Oversee Tideline’s social media presence and activity
- Coordinate periodic updates and fixes for the Tideline website (expected to be minor and infrequent)
The ideal candidate has a collaborative disposition; appreciates thoughtful and efficiently managed processes; is exceptionally well-organized with an eye for detail; communicates well; and has a commitment to advancing social and environmental outcomes. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The firm’s culture is highly teamwork-oriented, working in a supportive, close-knit, all-hands-on-deck manner.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in administrative and/or project management roles; in a small business environment and/or in a professional services firm a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in using CRMs, particularly Insightly, to drive business development processes
- Adept at using Microsoft Office; strong PowerPoint skills and design sensibilities a plus
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative disposition, with a bias towards action
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Sense of humor and self-awareness
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include investment strategy, investment product development, market intelligence and due diligence, strategic philanthropy, and thought leadership.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
Tideline is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive workplace.