About the Job
Launched in 2014, Align serves as an independent and specialized impact advisor to families, foundations, institutional investors and financial advisors. Align creates customized impact strategies, provides investment management services, and guides philanthropic & charitable giving so that its clients can increase the effectiveness and alignment of their grants and investments. Align’s customized impact portfolios aim to deliver the same risk and return as best-in-class globally diversified asset management strategies, all the while investing in companies and sectors that are aligned with a client’s values.
Investment Analyst, Private Funds
The Investment Analyst will work in close collaboration with the Investment Research team to spearhead manager selection efforts in the private markets. We are looking for a finance-savvy professional with a solid background in finance and investment analysis, as well as familiarity with how private markets operate in the United States and around the world.
As we grow, we are building a team of self-starters and independent specialists who will develop deep expertise in their domain areas and take responsibility for service delivery to a diverse range of impact-focused investors.
The Investment Analyst’s role will include:
- Source opportunities for clients and investment mandates currently being served by the firm.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on impact investment funds in private markets (venture capital, private equity, real assets, private debt).
- Prepare diligence reports and presentation materials to be presented to decision-makers.
- Portfolio management and reporting (investment and impact) on private investments held in our funds-of-funds and client portfolios.
We believe the following skills, experience and attributes are necessary for a successful Investment Analyst candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience working in direct investing and/or manager selection in the private markets. While impact investing experience will be a bonus, traditional diligence experience is welcome.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment independently.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of processes and service delivery.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with investment analysis, financial accounting or corporate finance.
- Demonstrated interest in impact investing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, International Relations or related field; Master’s preferred, CFA or progress towards qualification preferred.
Finally, we believe that a successful candidate will embody and strongly believe our core values of:
- Equality: We work passionately to serve individuals of great wealth and those that live at the base of the pyramid. We strive for diversity, equity, and inclusion across our staff and for those that ultimately benefit from our services.
- Generosity and Humility: This spirit permits us to approach our work with genuine openness and allows us to be active listeners with our clients, colleagues and thought partners.
- Excellence: We work hard and smart, hold ourselves to a high professional standard, and pride ourselves on our responsive follow through. Going above-and-beyond is the norm.
- Teamwork: We know that we accomplish much more together than we could ever do alone. We trust our teammates, celebrate the wins together, and pick each other up when needed.
- Leadership: We each take the initiative and proactively engage in making this a world class organization and catalyzing the impact investing ecosystem.
To apply, please send a cover letter, your CV and a writing sample to with the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis till January 6th, 2020.
Align Impact LLC is an SEC Registered Investment Advisor that specializes in impact investing and philanthropy. Through process-driven research on ﬁnancial and impact outcomes of investing and grant-making, Align enables its clients to use their resources to move the needle on the world's greatest environmental and social challenges by building investing and giving strategies that are aligned with its clients personal values. Align also manages the Align Impact Fund, a fund of best in class private impact funds. Finally, Align collaborates with industry leaders to share insights and help sustainably build the impact investing space.