About the Job
Launched in 2014, Align serves as an independent and specialized impact advisor to families, foundations, institutional investors and financial advisors. Align creates customized impact strategies, provides investment management services, and guides philanthropic & charitable giving so that its clients can increase the effectiveness and alignment of their grants and investments. Align’s customized impact portfolios aim to deliver the same risk and return as best-in-class globally diversified asset management strategies, all the while investing in companies and sectors that are aligned with a client’s values.
Investment Analyst, Data Analytics
As Align has grown, the range of investments in our clients’ portfolio have grown exponentially, creating a unique opportunity to have access to valuable insights about best-in-class impact investments made over the last 10-12 years. We are looking for candidates who would be focused on data collection and analysis from our portfolio funds and direct investments and can help streamline the reporting of impact and financial results to our clients. In addition to these responsibilities, the Analyst will take ownership of the various investment research databases and analysis systems to support the investment research team’s broader efforts to place capital with impact investments. The ideal candidate would be an aspiring investment professional with a strong interest in making sense of large, complicated and unstructured datasets.
The Analyst will work in close collaboration with the Investment Research to take ownership of data analysis and collection. We are looking for a finance-savvy professional with a curious mind and affinity for data analysis.
The Associate’s role will include:
- Support sourcing and diligence through data insights on pipeline and data collected from managers including track record analysis
- Portfolio management and reporting (investment and impact) on client investments
- Assist with the management of our technology-enabled platform of vetted investment opportunities
- Oversee operational aspects of setup and ongoing management of investment vehicles.
- Resource across functions for data analytics support for business development, client service and external marketing
- Own and manage databases and reporting tools used to drive decision-making and portfolio analysis
We believe the following skills, experience and attributes are necessary for a successful candidate:
- 2-4 years of experience working in investment reporting, portfolio management or similar tasks. While impact investing experience will be a bonus, traditional finance experience is welcome. Working with manager-level data in the past role would be preferable.
- Experience working with various types of investments and financial instruments to understand underlying dynamics of investment vehicles
- Fluency in Excel, Tableau and other data analysis tools
- Knowledge of and familiarity with investment analysis, financial accounting or corporate finance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment independently.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of processes and service delivery.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Demonstrated interest in impact investing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or quantitative discipline related field; CFA or progress towards qualification preferred.
Finally, we believe that a successful candidate will embody and strongly believe our core values of:
- Equality: We work passionately to serve individuals of great wealth and those that live at the base of the pyramid. We strive for diversity, equity, and inclusion across our staff and for those that ultimately benefit from our services.
- Generosity and Humility: This spirit permits us to approach our work with genuine openness and allows us to be active listeners with our clients, colleagues and thought partners.
- Excellence: We work hard and smart, hold ourselves to a high professional standard, and pride ourselves on our responsive follow through. Going above-and-beyond is the norm.
- Teamwork: We know that we accomplish much more together than we could ever do alone. We trust our teammates, celebrate the wins together, and pick each other up when needed.
- Leadership: We each take the initiative and proactively engage in making this a world class organization and catalyzing the impact investing ecosystem.
Please send a cover letter, your CV and a writing sample to with the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis till January 6th, 2020.
Align Impact LLC is an SEC Registered Investment Advisor that specializes in impact investing and philanthropy. Through process-driven research on ﬁnancial and impact outcomes of investing and grant-making, Align enables its clients to use their resources to move the needle on the world's greatest environmental and social challenges by building investing and giving strategies that are aligned with its clients personal values. Align also manages the Align Impact Fund, a fund of best in class private impact funds. Finally, Align collaborates with industry leaders to share insights and help sustainably build the impact investing space.