About the Job
The Senior Associate / Manager, Knowledge (Data & Intelligence) is responsible for a variety of key activities that fall under Convergence’s qualitative data and intelligence offering, which is a crucial component of Convergence’s membership value proposition. In particular, this role will lead the curation, management, and presentation of Convergence’s proprietary database of historical blended finance transactions.
The following comprises the core responsibilities at the Manager level and would be adjusted for a Senior Associate hire. At the discretion of Convergence’s management team, the Senior Associate / Manager, Knowledge (Data & Intelligence) may also support other member offerings and activities (e.g., training, design funding).
- Curate and maintain Convergence’s proprietary database on historical blended finance transactions, investments, and investors, which currently captures over 500 transactions and 5,000 data points
- Deepen and broaden Convergence’s data, including developing new data collection practices, engaging members in data collection and validation exercises, and identifying data collaboration partners
- Work closely with the technology team to manage / support the technology that is used to store, analyze, and deliver the data to the Convergence web app and other applications
- Lead on producing data analytics and insights from Convergence’s data that informs members of trends and benchmarks in blended finance, including through the Convergence web app (e.g., data visualization, comp sets), data briefs and research reports (e.g., benchmarking, recommendations), and newsletter content
- Support member organizations in accessing and utilizing blended finance data and intelligence as a key part of Convergence’s membership value proposition as well as leading on data user memberships and engagements
- Support the development of Convergence’s unique blended finance intelligence and knowledge resources that provide actionable tools and insights that are aligned with Convergence members’ needs and interests
In addition to the above, the scope will evolve over time to match the needs of a growing start-up.
- Demonstrated strengths in qualitative data collection, management, and analysis required (e.g., categorical data)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, international relations, international development, or a related field; master’s degree and/or indicative research experience is preferred
- Excellent communication and representation skills; data analytics and/or data visualization skills valued
- Understanding of development finance and the political and cultural realities of emerging markets
- Minimum of three years’ work demonstrating ability to deliver results through both independent and collaborative work, particularly in fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability, with demonstrated ability to manage timelines, projects, and/or small teams
- Knowledge of Salesforce, advanced Excel skills, and/or Tableau valued but not required
Candidates should be eligible to work in Canada.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a single PDF document containing a cover letter and CV to , with Senior Associate / Manager, Knowledge (Data & Intelligence) in the subject line. We are looking to hire quickly and so will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis; applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
Convergence is the global network for blended finance. We generate blended finance data, intelligence, and deal flow to increase private sector investment in developing countries. Blended finance is the use of catalytic public or philanthropic capital to increase private sector investment in places that need it most. Convergence’s global membership includes public, private, and philanthropic investors as well as sponsors of transactions and funds. Members include institutions such as MacArthur Foundation, FinDev Canada, the Nature Conservancy, and Credit Suisse. Convergence offers its members a curated, online platform to connect with each other on blended finance transactions in progress, as well as exclusive access to original market intelligence and knowledge products such as case studies, reports, training, and webinars. To accelerate advances in the field, Convergence also provides grants through its Design Funding program, for the design of blended finance vehicles that could attract private capital at scale to global development.