About the Job
One of our mandates is the implementation of the Seed Capital Assistance Facility alongside United Nations Environment which is a donor facility in the renewable energy sector that provides seed capital to private equity funds and development companies in Asia and Africa. The facility has recently received additional funding commitments and as such we are seeking to recruit a Programme Director with relevant experience in Renewable Energy who will be based in our Frankfurt head office as a joint lead on the facility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the facility;
- Lead the origination, due diligence and contractual agreements of new partners and project level approvals;
- Lead potential applicants through the application process and present potential partners to the relevant committees;
- Overall responsibility for the monitoring and reporting of partners;
- Represent the facility at relevant conferences, events and meetings;
- Outside of the core role, there are a number of ongoing and upcoming engagements where you will be required to contribute
- +5-years-experience in transaction advisory within the renewable energy sector or relevant work experience in leading donor led facilities;
- Proven track-record in the origination and due diligence of companies and / or projects;
- Experience in Africa or Asia is desirable;
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders from the private and public sector;
- Relevant university degree;
- Fluency in English;
- EU work and residence permit.
Frankfurt School Financial Services
Frankfurt School Financial Services GmbH (FSFS) is the asset manager of Frankfurt School of Finance & Management gGmbH, a leading German business school. FSFS is regulated by the German Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) and registered with the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) from Luxembourg. The company is specialized in development finance and offers asset management, investment advisory and structuring services. FSFS’ fund management and advisory work is spread geographically and product-wise – from providing microfinance loans in developing countries worldwide and managing impact funds in Africa and Asia to supporting start-up companies in Frankfurt, Germany.