About the Job
About the Position
Our health and human services team works with for-profit and nonprofit service providers, Medicare and Medicaid health plans, risk-bearing health systems, large employers, and governments to design and execute outcomes-based financing transaction, involving:
- Prospect due diligence: Analyzing business operations, target markets, working experience, growth strategy, and other areas before determining whether to work with a prospect.
- Feasibility assessments: Ensuring service provider and payor readiness to participate in outcomes-based contracts.
- Regulatory and compliance analysis: In the government-sponsored healthcare space, ensuring that financial transactions are fully compliant with State and, in some cases, Federal regulations is vital in mitigating investor and project risk.
- Project management and contract / transaction structuring: Moving multiple stakeholders through our methodology while being attentive, responsive, and flexible to their individual needs is a requirement to efficiently structure a transaction.
- Evaluation design: We help determine, with stakeholders, the desired level of rigor to evaluate the effectiveness of the project. Managing the independent evaluation designer to project timeline and expectations is expected.
- Financial modeling and outcomes pricing: We develop the budgets required to enable scale and project success, and then layer on projected outcomes, timelines, outcomes effect sizes, and projected cost savings, leveraging payor historical data to establish baselines.
- Capital raising: We help our clients develop growth plans, prioritize and reach out to potential investors, and advise on term negotiations with the goal of raising the required capital to scale interventions and social impact.
- Post-project launch management: Once the capital is secured, the project begins. While much of Quantified Ventures’ work is related to structuring investable projects, there is a large role that we play in ensuring the ongoing success of the project by managing the contract and evaluation model, while knowing when to adjust course to maximize the likelihood of achieving outcomes.
Role and Responsibilities
Quantified Ventures is seeking a Senior Associate to join the health and human services team. The Senior Associate will play an instrumental role within Quantified Ventures, contributing to the growth and development of all areas of the practice, with a primary focus on business development, product development, and client service delivery. Responsibilities include:
- Working on client delivery teams, with some responsibility for:
- Conducting due diligence on prospects and potential project stakeholders;
- Researching client issue areas;
- Drafting program and/or intervention budgets;
- Building economic and financial models to price outcomes and predict future revenues, savings, and/or cash flows; and
- Developing and drafting terms to facilitate investor engagement.
- Facilitating key aspects of client delivery process for portion of Quantified Ventures’ health and human services client portfolio. This includes time and resource budgeting, timeline management, deliverable preparation, client and stakeholder management, invoice and expenses accuracy oversight, and contract management.
- Driving new business development through a range of direct strategic sales and other activities, including drafting proposal scopes, preparing and delivering pitch presentations, and speaking at conferences.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative consulting environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We seek an entrepreneurial candidate with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission.
Senior Associate candidates must have:
- A graduate degree, MBA preferred (essential if fewer than 3 years relevant work experience; not required with more years of relevant work experience);
- At least 2 years of direct health plan, health service, or healthcare industry experience in the areas of finance, economics, business management, strategy, or related field;
- A track record of effective business development translating to new and repeat sales;
- Recent experience working with healthcare provider practices, hospitals, health systems, health plans or related types of entities;
- Experience translating complex data / information into actionable, understandable recommendations and guidance for leadership teams;
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, and an aptitude for critical thinking and complex problem solving;
- Strong people and project management skills, with practice navigating complex issues and partner relationships;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to quickly research, synthesize, and summarize critical findings on unfamiliar topics;
- Broad understanding of value-based care, Medicare, and Medicaid;
- Understanding of social and non-medical determinants of health;
- Ability to manage multiple and competing projects, and work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team;
- Willingness and ability to express contrary views and seek consensus against other priorities such as time and budget constraints; and
- An ability to bring passion, humor, curiosity, joy and humility into this groundbreaking work.
Please send a cover letter and resume to with the subject line: Senior Associate, HHS. Review of applications will begin immediately, and proceed on a rolling basis.
Quantified Ventures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.
About Quantified Ventures
Quantified Ventures is an outcomes-based capital firm that drives transformative health, social, and environmental impact. Leveraging deep content expertise and extensive capital relationships, we plan, finance, and develop transformative projects and programs that create health, social, and environmental impacts for a growing array of public and private organizations.
The large and growing market for impact investment capital challenges the notion that there has to be a trade-off between financial and social returns. By deploying impact capital to social enterprises that are both demonstrating positive impact and achieving sustainability, we can build capacity to address the world’s most pressing challenges. At Quantified Ventures, we simplify access to impact capital to scale solutions and interventions that drive true social change through innovative financing mechanisms.
We work with nonprofit organizations, health plans, health systems, and governments that demonstrate capacity for transformative social good, helping them to tap into the financial resources needed to scale operations and deliver meaningful impact.