About the Job
Instiglio's influencing goal is to effectively shape the narrative around standards of public sector performance in international development and promote the adoption of best practices in a widespread manner in developing countries, resulting in meaningful improvements in public policy implementation and results.
We are looking to bring on a passionate and proven communications expert to support our Senior Leadership team in maximizing our influence and impact beyond our direct project work. The Communications team’s mandate, therefore, is to position Instiglio as a trusted advisor for high-level decision-makers, raise our profile and footprint with key audiences within the international development sphere and the public sector, and develop a compelling narrative that speaks to the imagination of development practitioners and leaders.
The key responsibilities of the Communications Senior Associate will include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy and Thought Leadership:
- Develop and oversee the execution of a global communication strategy to position Instiglio’s project work and thought leadership efforts around impact, critical insights, and evidence
- Write and support the creation of: press releases, key messages, stories, and other thought-pieces
- Plan and oversee the Senior Leadership participation in forums and conferences of interest
- Identify key audiences and position Instiglio in the most influential forums and channels, which can include: events and conferences; publications and media/press; social media and website; and newsletters and direct mail
- Foster relationships with key publications and members of the press in relevant markets
- Coordinate the process to develop and oversee data analytics that inform the communications strategy and are leveraged in decision-making
- Brand Development:
- Oversee the implementation of tools, templates, and other resources that allow the team to become brand ambassadors and create on-brand presentations and documents
- Analyze industry trends to adapt, in collaboration with the leadership team, Instiglio’s brand to appeal to different contexts and audience
- Other key communications channels:
- In collaboration with the Operations Team, support the creation of content geared towards recruitment efforts and internal communications
We are growing a team of resourceful go-getters that are driven by our mission, curious about the world, and dedicated to a life of learning. An ideal candidate will have:
- Required qualifications:
- At least 6 years of communications experience in the field of International Development or related fields
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related fields
- Passionate and knowledgeable about international development and social impact
- Exceptional written, oral, and visual storytelling skills
- Excellent structured thinking skills, as well as attention to detail
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Native fluency in English (C-2) and professional proficiency in Spanish (C-1)
- Preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Communications or related field
- Work experience in the public sector
- Knowledge of brand development
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis
- Work proficiency in French
As a trusted advisor to governments, foundations, and bilateral and multilateral organizations, Instiglio is contributing to building a global movement for results. We are institutionalizing an outcomes mindset at a systemic level to ensure the greatest possible impact of social programs and public policies across sectors, such as education, health, employment, among others.
We aim to be instrumental in shaping expectations, raising standards, and promoting best practices of the international development community’s impact on the world. We believe we can best contribute by: (1) Continuously innovating on the existing Results-Based-Financing (RBF) and capacity-building tools, uncovering new approaches, and openly sharing our experience and insights with the development community; and (2) Improving public sector performance and delivery in low- and middle-income countries through deep strategic engagement and technical assistance.
Since our founding in 2012, playing our part in the global movement for results has required an evolution in our tools and processes, increased agility in implementation, and engagement across the systemic and sectoral levels. We have supported key stakeholders by creating tools and practices that offer more flexibility in finding solutions to intractable social problems and incorporate greater accountability for outcomes.
To that end we have: Contributed to embedding results-orientation within the National Development Plan of the Colombian government as well as within the multi-million-dollar social development programs of Morocco and Sierra Leone; Built the multi-million dollar Poverty Alleviation Outcomes Fund (PAOF), with two more funds on the way; and structured +25 Results-Based Financing (RBF) projects in over 15 Latin American, African, and South Asian countries.
Headquartered in Bogotá, Colombia, we are a team of 50+ people and representing 10+ nationalities, with offices in Kenya, Peru, and the USA. Our diverse and passionate, global team is brought together by a desire to change the status quo and to execute high-quality work with integrity, collaboration, and innovation at the core of everything we do.