About the Job
In the course of our ongoing business expansion, we are seeking to recruit investment managers for our microfinance business. Positions are currently vacant for Latin America. A relocation to Frankfurt is not required.
The investment manager will be responsible for all aspects of investing into and managing relations with microfinance institutions (MFI), including:
- Business planning and business development for target region;
- Identifying investment opportunities and building investment pipeline;
- Acquisition of new clients (investees, borrowers) in the target region;
- Investment analysis; financial and social due diligence of MFIs;
- Negotiating terms and conditions of loan agreements;
- Preparing investment proposals; presenting proposals to investment committee;
- Supporting transaction management (legal documentation, KYC process);
- Relationship management and liaising with existing clients;
- Acting as regional/country expert for FS Finance.
- University degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. business, finance or economics); a professional qualification such as CFA or similar will be considered a plus;
- Three to five years of professional experience in microfinance; experience with impact funds or impact investing is considered a plus;
- Experience in financial analysis and due diligence processes for financial institutions in emerging markets;
- Excellent relationship management, reporting and communication skills;
- Being reliable and responsible-minded, identifying upcoming challenges and opportunities proactively;
- High degree of commitment, flexibility, intercultural sensitivity and willingness to travel;
- Business fluency in English and Spanish.
Email application to Torsten Becker ()
Frankfurt School Financial Services GmbH
Frankfurt School Financial Services GmbH (FS Finance) is the asset manager of Frankfurt School of Finance & Management gGmbH, a leading German business school. FS Finance is regulated by the German Financial Supervisory Authority BaFin and the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier from Luxembourg. The company is specialized in development finance and offers asset management, investment advisory and structuring services.
FS Finance’s fund management and advisory work is spread geographically and product-wise from providing microfinance loans in developing countries worldwide and managing impact funds in Africa and Asia to supporting start-up companies in Frankfurt, Germany. All our work is based on the demands of a client base that is fully committed to socially responsible and sustainable financing practices.