About the Job
About the role
Walton Enterprises is seeking an Investment Director to lead the execution and monitoring of private direct investments—primarily in real assets, but also including social impact, private equity, and debt—as a member of the Family Advisory Services Team (“FAST”).
What you will do
As a crucial member of FAST, you will report to the Managing Director, Direct & Thematic Investments to:
- Complete the quantitative and qualitative analysis of investment opportunities, including financial modeling, market and competitive analysis, analysis of investment merits and considerations, management and operating partner benchmarking, evaluation of investment structure, and returns analysis
- Generate investment recommendations for Principals based on evaluation of financial and social impact performance expectations as well as strategic and/or mission fit
- Produce written research and presentation materials to communicate analyses and recommendations to Principals
- Obtain the third-party analyses as needed—external consultants, tax, legal etc.—and Principal approvals required to execute investments
- Perform ongoing monitoring and oversight of existing investments, including analyzing financial figures received, responding to follow-on capital raises and other corporate actions, and exiting investments
- Participate in strategic discussions with Principals to develop specialized real assets investment objectives and strategy
- Utilize a broad network to source relevant investment opportunities consistent with principals’ goals and objectives
- Lead ongoing research efforts on relevant investment trends and market research
- Successfully navigate and often mediate complex family dynamics and relationships
- Provide thoughtful, relevant, and timely communication to Principals and their local teams
- Perform other duties as required and necessary to accomplish goals and objectives
Basic qualifications for this role
- 8+ years of work experience in investments—preferably at an investment bank, commercial bank, consulting firm, or investment manager—including 4+ years of leading due diligence processes and supervising junior analysts
- Experience in the real estate sector in a role requiring quantitative analysis, due diligence, deal structuring, underwriting, and modeling
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest in impact investing and multiple bottom-line concepts
- Demonstrated background in leading and executing direct deals across real assets and preferably also private equity, social impact, and debt investments.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
Characteristics that will support your success
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and agility
- Knowledge of private investment due diligence processes
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Interest and drive to teach and develop both subordinates and peers
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and multi-task
- Strong communication skills—able to articulate ideas, communicate tactfully, and give and receive feedback
- Adaptability to a rapidly changing environment, including reprioritization or reassignment of responsibilities
After an initial screening interview with a member of our HR team, and an in-depth interview with the FAST team, qualified candidates will be invited (on a rolling basis until the position is filled) to complete a substantial take-home case study designed to assess the degree to which they meet the basic qualifications for the role. Candidates who successfully complete the case study will be invited to a final round of interviews in Denver, CO.
Email Brian Kinsey, Talent Acquisition Manager at
About Walton Enterprises
Based in Bentonville, Arkansas, Walton Enterprises is a family office that manages accounting, investments, compliance, property management, legal support, and other services on behalf of its Executive Principals.
Walton Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.