About the Job
The Financial Institution Specialist contributes to the success of Aeris Operations Team’s work with CDFIs, mainly by performing and supporting essential tasks in the Aeris rating process working with Aeris staff, analysts and rated institutions as well as helping support the Aeris Cloud, Aeris’ industry-first database of standardized CDFI performance data. Work is managed and performed in a standard production environment and process, with key success measures being quality, quantity, accuracy, timeliness, and team work.
The Financial Institution Specialist is required to be self-motivated in the management and performance of scheduled workloads, but should also be flexible to work in a team environment in response to changing business needs and priorities. He/she will be able to learn new skills, new content, and new ideas quickly and effectively. Prior experience reading and understanding the financial statements of financial institutions with lending activities is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform and support essential tasks in the Aeris Rating process
- Reviewing and verifying accuracy of collected data, calculated ratios and related tables and graphs
- Prepare detailed financial and narrative report templates for Aeris Analysts.
- Request and track document submission for all Aeris Rating Reports. Following up as necessary with CDFIs to ensure that all materials are submitted in timely fashion.
- Prepare CDFI financial statements for the Aeris Cloud
- Work with Aeris Operations team to understand CDFI financial presentation.
- Prepare CDFI financial statements and performance metrics for Aeris analyses or quarterly reporting.
- Working with CDFIs, proof and finalize quarterly financial statements and reported performance data.
- Communicate with CDFIs and Analysts regarding clarification of materials submitted and requests for additional data.
- Aeris Cloud maintenance
- Orient CDFIs to uploading data and supporting documentation to the Aeris Cloud.
- Lead Webinar demonstrations of the Aeris Cloud for CDFIs, as requested.
- Load data and documents into appropriate “libraries” on the Aeris Cloud.
- Work with CDFIs to set up their Aeris “library” and financial template on the Aeris Cloud.
- Follow up with CDFIs as necessary to ensure timely upload of quarterly financial statements and performance data.
- Aeris Rating Committee
- Schedule meetings and conference calls by coordinating and confirming attendance, arranging for the meeting dates/equipment/advance materials, etc.
- Schedule ratings committee, coordinating analyst selection with the Director of Ratings.
- Support ratings committees.
- Aeris document preparation
- Proof and note corrections on draft Aeris reports during the layout process.
- Prepare ratings certificates, ensuring that ratings are correctly represented before they are released to CDFIs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-4 years of professional experience is desired, preferably in financial services, or late career professionals from the financial services field
- Strong financial and analytical experience required
- Familiarity with nonprofit financial statements is preferred
- Strong writing and communication experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Responsibilities and Physical Requirements:
- Strong financial, market, and qualitative analysis skills
- Superior ability to focus on detailed work for accuracy
- Superior professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work constructively with diverse constituents
- Advanced Excel and Word skills
- Ability to work in a timely manner, be self-motivated and take initiative for new projects
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in an effective and efficient manner
- Capacity and willingness to learn
- Knowledge of and commitment to community development/investing
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position EOE/ADA Compliant
Aeris Insight Inc.
Aeris is a rating and information service built on the belief that capital will flow to good more quickly when investors have confidence in the accountability, standards, and transparency of impact investments.
Since 2004, Aeris’ due diligence and data have helped investors source, underwrite, and monitor investments that meet their risk parameters and impact goals. Aeris’ clients range from large financial institutions with Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) obligations, mission-driven charitable foundations, government, private wealth managers, and impact fund managers. Learn more at www.aerisinsight.com.