About the Job
The Senior Associate Finance and Accounting main responsibilities will be to support Root Capital’s investor management and accounting activities, treasury support and global timekeeping and expense system.
- 2-4 years of professional experience. Relevant and proven experience developing relationships with clients and within organization
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance, international development/politics, business, accounting or other discipline requiring both strong analytical and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of and passion for financial markets, international development, and/or impact investing
- Entrepreneurial spirit and professional maturity; ability to work independently, yet know when to seek support
- Collaborative work style; works well on a team. Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience analyzing and synthesizing data and information. Ability to effectively present information and data in a clear and compelling manner.
Apply through our website: https://rootcapital.org/careers/senior-associate-finance-and-accounting/
Root Capital invests in the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs, empower women and young people, sustain peace and preserve vulnerable ecosystems.
Root Capital supplies these businesses with vital resources: access to capital, trade and technical partners, financial training and conservation practices. We work in hard-to-serve geographies where others don’t. To date, we’ve distributed $1.2 billion to improve the lives of six million people in farming communities.