About the Job
We manage advisory engagements, projects and initiatives that fit our mission. We are also in the process of developing an investment fund focused on sustainable agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa. We need talented and mission-driven people with the requisite experience and drive to help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for a Director to help drive our advisory mandates and support the development of the Akipeo Fund. The Director will manage advisory engagements, working with clients, internal project teams, and external project partners. The Director will also play a key role in developing our proprietary projects and initiatives with partners, funders and other stakeholders.
Core Qualifications and Attributes:
• At least 10 years of relevant work experience
• Proactive and self-driven in an entrepreneurial environment
• Aptitude for problem solving and attention to detail across multiple projects
• Passion for sustainable development in emerging markets
• Strong teamwork, mentorship and communication skills
• Comfortable working in or with teams and external partners across multiple geographies
Preferred Experience and Attributes:
• Experience from investment banking, private equity, investment management, corporate development or management consulting
• Entrepreneurial experience – within a startup, new business line, or other early stage venture
• Significant time spent working or living in an emerging market
You can register your interest in the role by emailing your CV and any other relevant information to email@example.com
At Akipeo we believe that being able to sustainably produce food and other soft commodities is critical for developing countries to fundamentally address food security, improved livelihoods, and balanced social development. This is increasingly urgent in the face of accelerating population pressures and climate change. Our mission is to harness the power of finance, deployed sustainably, to help transform food and soft commodity production into an innovative, inclusive, and profitable driver of sustainable development in emerging markets.