About the Job
Obviam is a Swiss investment management firm in charge of the investment operations and day-to-day business operations of SIFEM, the Swiss government-owned Development Finance Institution. Obviam also serves as investment advisor to private clients including banks, foundations and high net worth individuals.
Obviam invests in private equity and private debt transactions in emerging and frontier markets.
Currently, Obviam’s private debt offering consists primarily of long-term senior and subordinated loans to financial institutions serving SME clients in developing countries. Each investment is individually selected based on their risk-adjusted return and expected development effects, and assessed with respect to its financial
Obviam is hiring an Investment Professional to join its debt deal team. The new hire is expected to assist in the selection, evaluation, execution and monitoring of debt transactions.
The above title and the below responsibilities are intended as guidance and will be refined in close consultation with the new hire.
• Support deal origination efforts as appropriate
• Assist in structuring and evaluation of investments
• Screen deals for fit with expectations & strategies, draft/review initial analysis
• Participate in planning and executing the due diligence
• Build documentation, draft comprehensive, high-quality investment memos (in English)
• Participate in and contribute to negotiations
• Study portfolio reports and assess performance
• Prepare meetings, attend and follow up as appropriate, support relationships
• Collect and analyse information, compile and draft internal and external reports
• Various ad hoc projects and administration tasks as required
• Excellent written and spoken English
• If not a native speaker in any of the Swiss National languages, conversational knowledge of French orGerman.
• Undergraduate degree (finance related preferred).
• Strong financial analysis skills.
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the finance, banking or asset management.
• Previous exposure to financial institutions analysis, credit risk assessments and due diligences on FIs.
• Ability to travel outside of Switzerland (circa 15% -25%).
Other selection criteria:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or Economics.
• Knowledge and experience of the financial sector of developing countries.
• Additional language skills.
• Self-motivated and proactive team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly motivated and results driven.
• Good analytical and reasoning skills and the ability to advance pragmatic solutions.
• Ability and desire to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
• Relevant network from previous working experience.
• Experience living in and/or travelling to emerging markets (an asset).
Obviam is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Entry date: Q1 2020
Please send c.v. and motivation letter (combined into one PDF document) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org