About the Job
The Investment Analyst will be an integral part of the Impact Investing team, supporting comprehensive due diligence, transaction execution and portfolio management for impact investing opportunities and TOTAL-led investment vehicles. In this role, you will contribute to the growth of TOTAL's impact investing portfolio, the design of new investment structures, and the internal learning processes that will help guide our investment strategies and ultimately expand our ability to reach scale through impact investing, innovative financial solutions and blended financing.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial due diligence (including business plan review, financial model analysis and coordination of social impact evaluation) for impact investing opportunities.
- Construct or revise comprehensive financial projection models, as required.
- Develop initial investment recommendations regarding impact investing opportunities for review by Impact Investing team members and clients.
- Conduct detailed due diligence, draft investment memoranda and support transaction negotiation and execution for impact investing opportunities.
- Create investor materials (e.g. business plans, financial models, teasers, slide decks) and coordinate site visits related to impact investing opportunities for investment partners and other stakeholders, as required.
- Continuously improve and refine internal due diligence tools and processes, including financial models, diligence checklists, and resources for opportunity identification.
- Support the design and launch of new investment vehicles and blended financing models, including management of external consultants, financial modeling, legal document review, identification of potential partners, investors and allies, and negotiation of TOTAL's role.
- Support other impact investing team activities, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Statistics or related discipline required. Master's Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience in investment banking, impact investing, or institutional investing, preferred.
- Experience building and analyzing quantitative financial models and business plans, conducting due diligence and preparing investment memoranda.
- Experience working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams to effect investments.
- Experience in social entrepreneurship, blended financing models, impact investing or other innovative development financing approaches strongly preferred.
*Required Languages — English and Spanish fluency preferred
Travel— Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Skilled writer with expert command of English grammar.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, results-oriented environment; ability to multi-task across various workstreams/priorities.
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Team player with a positive attitude who can work independently while also being highly collaborative and open.
- Attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and consideration of follow-through. Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Exceptional computer skills, including fluency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Email CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Total Impact Capital
Total Impact Capital is an impact investment firm focused on bringing to market high-quality investment products that are financially sound, make the planet a better place, and have the potential to scale significantly. It serves foundations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), corporations, and governments who are making a real, positive impact on the ground and want to leverage their efforts with private capital; and it works with investors who want to earn solid financial returns while advancing their social or environmental priorities in a sustainable way. It is a registered representative of Growth Capital Services and has offices in Bethesda (Maryland), Geneva, London, Nairobi, New York, and San Francisco