About the Job
Calvert Research and Management is a recognized leader in responsible investing. Our mission is to deliver superior long-term performance to our clients and to enable them to achieve positive impact.
We are seeking an ESG Research Analyst who is passionate about the impact company behavior has on society, the environment and on corporate performance and has experience integrating ESG considerations in the investment process. An ideal ESG Research Analyst will bring subject matter expertise on governance topics and environmental and social issues, along with an understanding of how these issues can impact an investment thesis. We are particularly interested in candidates with background/interest in the industrials sector. S/he will be able to communicate views clearly, will be credible with company management teams as well as clients, will enjoy acting as an individual contributor within a highly collaborative investment culture, and will thrive by building strong relationships with colleagues.
- Build and maintain models which reflect our materiality matrix for the purpose of differentiating companies and securities based on their ESG performance, identifying ESG key performance indicators that have proven to be most impactful on stock prices and integrate into research framework
- Use information from data vendors and our proprietary research to analyze, score, rate and rank companies on their ESG performance
- Seek and evaluate sources of information regarding the environmental, social and governance policies and performance of corporations and other issuers of securities
- Develop expertise within an industrysector and relevant peer groups of companies
- Contribute to our team’s proprietary knowledge of ESG factors and materiality
- Use the information that is an output of our models to identify opportunities to engage directly with issuers of securities in order to improve their ESG performance and enhance our returns on the security
- Effectively communicate Calvert’s ESG research framework within the Eaton Vance organization, to clients, and broader investment community
- Assist in creating a productive, collaborative and innovative team culture, including facilitating the team’s professional development
- Contribute to and publish original research
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree would be a plus) in Accounting, Finance, Business or related fields
- Some prior experience in capital markets and investment topics, either through work experience or educational background
- The ability to work effectively in a thoughtful, collaborative team environment
- Strong communication skills, being able to interface effectively with bright quantitative colleagues as well as non-technical audiences
- Passion for aligning financial returns with societal impact
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Advanced MS Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel) skills
- Experience with financial tools and databases (e.g., Bloomberg, FactSet, MSCI)
The ideal candidate would additionally bring some of the following:
- A graduate degree in a quantitative discipline, either in economics or (quantitative) finance, or in the natural sciences or engineering
- A strong foundation in applied empirical analysis (experimental work in natural sciences, statistics, econometrics, data science) and facility with manipulating numbers, including programming skills
CFA charterholder, or progress toward such certification
Apply directly at https://eatonvance.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Professional/job/Washington-DC-Office/ESG-Research-Analyst—-Industrials_JR003270-1
Eaton Vance is a leader in pioneering innovative investment strategies that address investor needs amid changing market environments. As a company, we have long embraced six core values: integrity, professionalism, teamwork, client focus, creativity/adaptability and excellence. As a workplace, Eaton Vance offers its employees a quality work environment and a congenial, collaborative atmosphere.
The company is consistently ranked among the Top 100 Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe.