About the Job
Calvert Research and Management (CRM) is seeking a motivated and talented individual to contribute to Calvert’s proxy voting and corporate engagement on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues (sometimes called active ownership). Catalyzing positive change at companies in order to improve social and environmental outcomes, strengthen governance and improve investor returns is central to the mission of CRM.
The qualified candidate will join a diverse and highly skilled team of ESG engagement specialists who drive positive change through Calvert’s investment and engagement work. We recognize that qualified candidates may not have direct experience in active ownership. Excellent project management and research skills, a background in the environmental, social and governance topics that we cover, and a strong desire to create positive change are essential traits.
- Manage proxy voting process for all CRM funds, and ensure that all proxy ballots are voted on time and according to policy.
- Determine voting decisions on selected proxy ballot items during proxy season.
- Manage proxy reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with proxy advisor to ensure timely voting in all accounts.
- Continually evaluate processes and systems, make recommendations about process improvements and execute accordingly.
- Analyze proxy voting policies and recommend revisions to the Engagement and Proxy Committee.
Investment Research & Analysis
- Analyze social, environmental and governance trends to identify emerging themes for engagement and voting.
- Perform issue and company research in support of specific corporate engagements.
- Provide input and analysis to Calvert’s investment research team on the subject companies.
- Assist with developing reporting and presentations related to engagement and proxy voting trends.
- Maintain database of corporate engagement notes.
- Respond to a variety of reporting requests (Sales, Marketing, RFPs, etc.) about CRM proxy voting and engagement activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferable.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in sustainability, public policy, or international affairs.
- Background in environmental, social and governance issues from a corporate or investment perspective.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage workflow and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to synthesize a wide variety of inputs, both internal and external, to distill key points and develop a compelling case for change.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, ongoing projects simultaneously and the ability to solve problems creatively.
- A self-starter and critical and independent thinker.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Apply directly at this link: https://eatonvance.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Professional/job/Washington-DC-Office/Shareholder-Engagement-Associate_JR003310-1
Eaton Vance is a leader in pioneering innovative investment strategies that address investor needs amid changing market environments. As a company, we have long embraced six core values: integrity, professionalism, teamwork, client focus, creativity/adaptability and excellence. As a workplace, Eaton Vance offers its employees a quality work environment and a congenial, collaborative atmosphere.
The company is consistently ranked among the Top 100 Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe.