About the Job
As an investment management firm deeply focused on the financial materiality of ESG characteristics and performance, Calvert Research and Management seeks to catalyze positive change in companies’ practices through appropriate allocations in the global capital markets. For this position, Calvert is seeking an innovative researcher grounded in evaluation methods to develop the framework, select the data, and determine the methodology for measuring, managing, and reporting on the footprint and impact of investments in Calvert’s portfolios.
- Develop and deliver a best in class impact metric framework and calculation methodologies. Track the evolving investment landscape and availability of data, and develop continuous enhancements to the overall impact platform.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the data and calculations used in the impact management process. Work with Calvert’s product, research and investment teams to improve their understanding of the data and to help identify potential risks and opportunities for companies.
- Work closely with IT on the development of a centralized data structure to store data relevant to impact measurement, management, and reporting. Ensure relevant data is made available to internal investment and marketing systems, and provide input on design of new tools.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to create meaningful materials for prospects and clients. Provide direction on standards, methodologies and best practices for reporting.
- Author publications on impact measurement and management across the investment process, including both equity and fixed income.
- 10+ years’ experience in data/quantitative analysis, research and evaluation, ideally with at least some experience in the investment industry
- A keen interest in the application of impact strategy, tools, technology, and processes
- Ability to both “think big” by developing a framework and providing direction to cross-departmental teams and “dig deep” by delving into data to determine gaps and inconsistences
- Strong data modeling skillset and background. Ability to quickly learn the nuances of detailed data sets featuring non-standardized data
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage diverse interests and expectations
- Experience guiding the design of technology products, including reporting dashboards
- Proficiency with FactSet a plus
- Prior experience working with unstructured data a plus
Apply directly at https://eatonvance.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Professional/job/Washington-DC-Office/Director-of-Impact-Management_JR002784-2
Eaton Vance is a leader in pioneering innovative investment strategies that address investor needs amid changing market environments. As a company, we have long embraced six core values: integrity, professionalism, teamwork, client focus, creativity/adaptability and excellence. As a workplace, Eaton Vance offers its employees a quality work environment and a congenial, collaborative atmosphere.
The company is consistently ranked among the Top 100 Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe.