About the Job
GSMA is looking for a creative and energetic Marketing Specialist to support its industry-leading work in the field of agriculture, bringing fresh ideas to the marketing team and delivering on dynamic deadlines.
The role will sit in the Mobile for Development marketing team, working closely with AgriTech Program to support communication, events, outreach to key audiences of the program, visual and written collateral, messaging and marketing strategy.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan that promotes and enhances the work of the AgriTech team within M4D, developing engaging marketing content, develop strategy and plans to influence key stakeholders and audiences of the programme.
- Ensure that the marketing plan is executed on time and budget, keeping key stakeholders – both internal and external, informed of progress.
- Develop and deliver compelling multimedia and social media stories, manage social media communication and newsletters, highlighting the social impact of GSMA's mobile operator members and program partners.
- In partnership with external design agencies, proactively lead and manage the design, production and print of all collateral outputs, including timelines and budgets, such as guidelines and toolkits, white papers, reports, videos, infographics, case studies and executive summaries, written or developed by the relevant in-team experts and/ or external partners.
- Lead specific project marketing for key events – Mobile World Congress, Mobile 360 series and external events relevant for AgriTech team, including theme and speaker suggestions and the framing of content and related messaging.
- Responsible for content planning and copywriting for distribution through all relevant communications channels.
- Work closely with internal GSMA departments such as Marketing, PR, GSMA Ltd. (events activity), Advocacy and Mobile for Development to ensure that AgriTech program is branded and positioned appropriately for all audiences and to maximize media opportunities.
- Help to structure marketing partnerships and campaigns with the broader agricultural development sector community, including DFID, in support of GSMA goals.
- Help deliver broader Mobile for Development marketing strategy by providing consistently high-quality collateral that is innovative, on-brand and designed to showcase the teams’ content in the best light possible.
- Professional experience in marketing and communications, developing and implementing marketing plans that deliver tangible impact, with comprehensive measures to determine success.
- A global mind-set and cultural awareness, with a passion for the development and agriculture sector. Professional experience in developing market are an advantage.
- A proven track record of proposition development and the ability to influence and add value to your area of business.
- Excellent English language and writing skills (messaging, leadership positioning and narrative development) with a strong command of grammar and content best practices.
- Experienced storyteller and visual campaigner.
- Deep understanding of and hands-on management of optimizing web and social media content, with experience in publishing to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn corporate accounts.
- Experience delivering and promoting marketing outputs such as guidelines and toolkits, white papers, reports, case studies and executive summaries.
- Experience with content management systems, such as WordPress, and familiarity with Salesforce, HootSuite and Google Analytics.
- Ability to design graphics for use on social media, using cloud-based tools (i.e. Canva) or Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop/InDesign). Basic video editing skills are an advantage.
- Segmentation of global audiences/ influencers and the creation of targeted messaging for each segment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders and with geographically dispersed teams.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.
- Second language skills (French or Spanish) are an advantage.
Apply on GSMA portal:
The Mobile for Development (M4D) team at GSMA drives innovation in digital technology to reduce inequalities in the world. Singularly positioned at the intersection of the mobile ecosystem and the development sector, it stimulates digital innovation to deliver both sustainable business and large-scale socio-economic impact for the underserved.
M4D's unique research and insights platform advances digital innovations and implementations that empower underserved populations to build a better future. Its in-market expertise informs partnerships between the mobile industry, tech innovators, governments and the development sector. Its unparalleled convening power motivates conversations and inspires action.
The GSMA AgriTech program works towards equitable food chains that empower farmers, strengthen local economies and respect the environment. The program supports the mobile industry, agricultural sector stakeholders, innovators and investors in AgriTech space to launch, improve and scale impactful and commercially viable digital solutions for smallholder farmers in the developing world. GSMA seeks, identifies, promotes, tests and scales models that deliver social impact while rewarding private sector participation.