About the Job
We are seeking an experienced Private Equity Investment Manager. In this position you will lead all aspects of private equity transactions for PG Impact Investments in South-East Asia; including origination, execution, structuring, negotiation and ongoing management of direct equity (co-investments and lead) and fund investments. Other responsibilities include conducting research projects and producing marketing material, when necessary. You will be the first and most senior private equity professional based out of South-East Asia for PG Impact Investments.
Your tasks will include:
- Contributing to the development of PG Impact Investments' integrated equity platform including sourcing lead and co-investment direct equity deal flow in South-East Asia and participating in the construction of PG Impact Investments' fund portfolios (including relative value assessment and fund selection)
- Leading quantitative and qualitative analysis on prospective private equity direct and indirect investments, including financial modeling, industry research and operational analysis
- Working with a deal team to develop investment structure and produce investment recommendations, supervising junior and external resources in this process
- Working with internal and external counterparties including on the negotiation of relevant legal agreements (SPA, SHA, MIP etc.) and investment structures
- Being PG Impact Investments' interface with portfolio company management including board representation
- Working with PG Impact Investments' Industry & Impact Value Creation team to drive impact and value creation in portfolio assets
- Conduct various tasks related to product reporting, monitoring investments, market research, internal requests, and marketing with current and potential investors
- Coach / motivate team members
- Various ad hoc projects and administration as necessary
What we offer
- Opportunity to play a major role in building out the private equity platform of a new impact investing organization with the aim to reach an industry-leading position
- Fostering work environment with a passionate and talented international team in a fast-growing, ambitious company
- Highly professional, intellectually demanding and stimulating work environment
- Flat management structure with significant exposure to senior leaders and decision makers
- Attractive career path with a potential for long-term advancement
- Performance-related compensation model
- Access to Partners Group's global network, investment know-how and specialist resources
We are looking for a professional with the willingness and ability to excel within a highly entrepreneurial organization.
The successful candidate should have:
- At least 8-10 years of investment experience, of which at least 6-8 years as an investment professional in a growth / mid-market private equity fund, with direct equity investment experience and network in South-East Asia and other emerging markets. Track record should include origination, execution, value creation and exit experience
- Proven ability to develop and manage a portfolio of current and future private equity investees; deep network and established relationships to potential investees and proven deal sourcing success across South-East Asian markets
- Experience in performing due diligence on privately held companies, preferably including social enterprises
- Demonstrated passion for impact investing, development finance or social enterprise work
- Familiarity with the latest impact measurement & management approaches
- Healthcare experience considered a plus
- Self-motivated and proactive team player with entrepreneurial mindset as well as excellent analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent academic track record with master's degree from a top-tier university, preferably with a focus on Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or Economics
- Business fluency in English required, knowledge of regional languages a plus
PG Impact Investments
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 850 institutional investors. We have USD 83 billion in assets under management and more than 1200 professionals across 19 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership.
PG Impact Investments AG
We are a global impact investment firm backed by Partners Group, one of the largest private markets investment managers in the world. Our mission is to harness the efficiency of private markets and entrepreneurship to alleviate poverty and address pressing social and environmental challenges.
PG Impact Investments follows an integrated investment strategy in order to generate both social impact and market rate financial returns. The firm invests across all sectors and geographies with a focus on housing, education, healthcare, financial services, energy access, and food and agriculture in emerging markets. The firm has executed transactions in the private debt and private equity markets as well as in funds and customized mandates.