About the Job
CEED is seeking a driven detail-oriented Program Development Associate, who will serve as an integral member the CEED Global team. The Associate will support all aspects of proposal development including primary and secondary research, attending stakeholder meetings and tracking potential opportunities globally. The Associate will work closely with the Global Director and the Director of Development as well as program development staff in country field offices. S/he will be a dynamic participant in all aspects of program development, gaining exposure to a wide breath of innovative interventions for entrepreneurs and the stakeholders who support them.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supports all aspects of proposal development, including coordinating complex efforts with dispersed proposal team members, customizing past performance references, editing and formatting technical proposals, drafting staffing and management sections, strengthening candidate CVs, and supporting recon efforts.
• Researches core funders and partners in support of the capture process and conducts field and desk research as required to support program development. Records updates within CEED's CRM.
• Supports new business recruitment efforts, including sourcing and vetting expatriate and local candidates; conducting interviews; networking within CEED to identify professional development opportunities for current staff; and recording interest from individuals with expertise in CEED's core technical areas and experience with CEED's core donors within CEED's CRM.
• Tracks, identifies, and distributes new funding opportunities to key decision-makers
• Supports knowledge management by synthesizing CEED’s work in qualification statements for core sectors and regions.
• Updates and expands Program Development internal resources.
• Attends and reports on donor and practitioner meetings to stay ahead of latest donor trends.
• Provides other administrative support as needed.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have:
• A bachelor’s degree in international relations, economics, business, or other related field, with a minimum three years of work experience, preferably with a business development team in a high performing international development organization.
• Passionate interest in helping small and medium size businesses scale.
• Proven team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
• The candidate will not be successful without showing a high level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Proven ability to successfully execute complex tasks working independently
• Strong focus on results.
• Self-starter with strong time-management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess strong editing/proof-reading skills and ability to ensure production of documents that are clear, concise, and grammatically correct; prior proposal experience a plus.
• Excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint; desktop publishing skills a plus.
• Proven ability to anticipate demand, manage multiple tasks/projects, and meet tight deadlines.
• A great attitude, ability to be flexible in a fast-paced work environment, and a team player.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include your name and PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE in the title of the email.
With over 20 years of experience in SME investing, about 400 SME investments and 1,000 technical assistance interventions in frontier and emerging market SMEs, SEAF is intimately aware of the challenges faced by entrepreneurs in the management of their businesses. SEAF found that entrepreneurs were generally not as equipped to deal with rapid business growth. They frequently lacked knowledge and tools to assess new markets and struggled to gain access to capital. Entrepreneurs also lacked the right networks with other entrepreneurs who had experience entering regional and international markets bringing their businesses to scale.
CEED Global is a business unit within SEAF which was created to address these challenges by leveraging a peer to peer model where entrepreneurs can share their experiences and overcome challenges through practical advice. CEED works in over 10 countries globally and is rapidly expanding into new markets.