About the Job
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a creative, entrepreneurial communications professional to serve as an integral member of the communications team. The composition of the workload for the communications associate will be fluid and subject to change according to opportunities and projects that arise. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Content Development and Distribution
• Co-create, edit, pitch and promote thought leadership materials, including op-eds and white papers
• Propose, create and promote blogs for the Social Finance Medium account and for partner organizations, to advance Social Finance thought leadership
• Ghost-write content for other team members, including the CEO, as needed
• Work with the team to develop communications strategies that engage a wide range of audiences
• Develop and design firm-wide and project-specific collateral materials, including fact sheets and infographics, to support business development and market education
Digital Media and Web Presence
• Manage all social media, optimizing our presence on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
• Maintain the Social Finance website, developing fresh content and posting regular updates
• Manage the Social Finance Google Ad account and meet Google Ad grant standards
• Track and analyze social media and website analytics
• Synthesize and distribute timely information to keep the team informed of developments in fields and issue areas that are related to our work
• Keep Social Finance databases and materials up-to-date and serve as a resource for the team regarding current information on Social Finance and the Pay for Success field
• Respond to requests from the team and partner organizations for communications materials
Additional Areas of Work
• Support media relations and outreach, including drafting press releases, pitching stories to reporters, managing press bookings, and preparing employees for media interviews
• Prepare team members for speaking engagements through research and materials development
• Track media coverage and develop media lists for future outreach
• Help secure philanthropic funding and investments through grant-writing support, editing, and materials development
• Plan events that promote project launches, market education and firm milestones
We seek a highly-motivated communications professional, ideally with demonstrated experience in graphic design. Adaptability and a commitment to the mission and vision of Social Finance are key.
Additional qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2+ years relevant experience preferred
• Excellent writing skills; ability to capture complex concepts elegantly
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Suite
• Ability to stay organized and produce materials on a quick turn
• Experience managing professional social media accounts preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. To apply, please send an application packet with a cover letter, resume, and two samples of your work (e.g., writing, graphic design) to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Communications Associate). Review of applications will begin immediately. No phone calls please.
Social Finance, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, military status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Social Finance Inc.
About Social Finance
Social Finance is a nonprofit dedicated to mobilizing capital to drive social progress. We bring uncommon partners—governments, investors, and nonprofits— together around a common purpose: to measurably improve the lives of those most in need. We employ a set of financing strategies called Pay for Success to strengthen the link between payment and results —driving funding toward programs that work.
Social Finance partners with governments, nonprofits, foundations, impact investors, and financial institutions to create innovative financing solutions that improve social outcomes nationwide. Our work addresses pressing social challenges in the following areas: Education, Children and Families, Workforce, Criminal Justice, Sustainability, Health and Homelessness. Our Advisory Services, Social Investment, and Active Performance Management teams support all phases of work for Pay for Success projects, from development through implementation and measurement. We also build the Pay for Success field through market education, publications, events, research and analysis.