About the Job
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute growth plans.
- Represent TriLinc in a manner that is consistent with our purpose, mission, vision and values.
- Participate in overall strategy discussions for TriLinc Global to ensure we meet our goal of becoming a multi-billion dollar investment company.
- Actively support the culture of accountability for execution and results.
- Support the credit analysis performed on portfolio companies within both trade finance and term loans as needed, including: creating and monitoring cash flow projections, and the review of financial statements loan documentation and collateral, and compliance with TriLinc’s Investment Guidelines and Restrictions.
- Assist with the review and monitoring of pertinent metrics and covenants that may impact position performance.
- Assist with the review of position level structure and documentation.
- Assist with the monitoring of both macro and credit specific events that could impact performance on a proactive basis.
- Enter and reconcile credit data and generate reports in eFront, including: position metrics, documentation uploads, payment reconciliations and dashboard reporting.
- Prepare Position Monitoring Report for each portfolio company.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reports for review by the IC, including:
- Quarterly Update Memoranda
- Exception Memoranda
- Credit Committee Memoranda (Gate 1 and Gate 2)
- Annual Investment Partner Review Memoranda
- Assist in updating and maintaining TriLinc’s proprietary macro-economic analysis
- Serve as a non-voting participant of the TriLinc Investment Committee (IC) and Credit Committee (CC).
- Participate in the maintenance and enhancement of all investment department policies, procedures and processes.
- Assist in performing all tasks as necessary to ensure that TriLinc’s funds stay in
compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Assist in preparing investment partners quarterly performance report.
Other Investment Department Responsibilities
- Prepare reporting materials for Board Meetings.
- Coordinate all associated materials for Investment Committee and Credit Committee meetings.
- Assist in sourcing and due diligence of new investment Partners.
- Maintain compliant investment department files, including materials associated with investment partner due diligence.
- Develop and maintain TriLinc’s industry research library.
- Attend local development finance events.
- Assist other members within the Investment Team as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years of applicable investing experience, with fixed income and/or private asset experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year institution, preferably in finance, statistics,
mathematics, accounting, economics, or similar related study focus.
- Professional designations in progress a plus, such as: CFA, CAIA, CBA/CBF/CCE,
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Passion for our mission to create positive impact.
- Experience utilizing Excel for financial modeling purposes.
- Ability to analytically assess the financial position of a company and communicate findings, both written and verbally.
- Preference for prior experience with managed investment products.
- Interest in socio-economic development and knowledge of emerging market investing a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret complex legal documents.
- Ability to work across cultures, communicate with colleagues in different time zones and be an effective team player. Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible schedule to allow for availability to other investment department members as needed.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
E-mail resume and cover letter to Hiring@TriLincGlobal.com
TriLinc Global, LLC is an impact fund sponsor dedicated to launching and managing innovative products intended to exponentially increase participation in impact investing. Founded in 2008, TriLinc Global aims to harness the power of private sector capital for good and has developed a systematic approach to impact investment packaging, registration, management and distribution. Leveraging the experience and expertise of its partner-employees, TriLinc Global is building a robust offering of alternative investment products that provide investors with access to unique and competitive yield-oriented strategies that change the world for the better.
TriLinc Global is committed to creating scalable, sustainable solutions for some of the world’s intractable socioeconomic and environmental challenges through investing, while offering investors the potential for market-rate financial returns and positive, measurable impact.
TriLinc plays an active industry-building role with peers, investors, financial service providers and the general public, in order to grow and strengthen the impact investing sector. In particular, TriLinc forges innovative partnerships with financial institutions and academia and spearheads initiatives to develop young talent for the industry.