About the Job
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute growth plans.
- Represent TriLinc in a manner that is consistent with our purpose, mission, vision and values.
- Participate in overall strategy discussions for TriLinc Global to ensure we meet our goal of becoming a multi-billion dollar investment company.
- Actively support the culture of accountability for execution and results.
Impact and ESG Analysis
- Support the ESG and impact analysis performed on portfolio companies within both trade finance and term loans as needed, including: analysis of portfolio company industry and business activities, compliance with TriLinc’s ESG and impact policies and procedures, and analysis of baseline and annual ESG and impact assessments.
- Assist with the review, monitoring, and analysis of pertinent metrics that may affect portfolio company impact and/or ESG performance.
- Assist with the collection, review, and verification of portfolio company-level ESG and impact documentation.
- Assist, on a proactive basis, with the monitoring of both macro and industry-specific events that could affect the impact and/or ESG performance of each borrower.
- Enter and reconcile ESG and impact data and generate reports in eFront, including: borrower impact metrics, documentation uploads, and dashboard reporting.
- Prepare Initial Sustainability and Impact Reviews (ISIRs) for review by the ESG and Impact team, Management, and the Sustainability and Impact Committee.
Portfolio Reporting & Marketing
- Create content for investment spotlights, monthly impact updates, quarterly investment portfolio and impact updates, press releases, and website content for all TriLinc’s funds.
- Work with ESG & Impact team to create and produce impact and/or ESG reports on an annual basis for each fund.
- Monitor both macro and industry specific events that could affect the ESG and/or impact performance on a proactive basis.
- Identify key impact and/or ESG risks and be able to assess TriLinc and portfolio company mitigants.
- On a daily basis, engage with key on the ground partners in various developing markets.
Other Investment Department Responsibilities
- Coordinate all relevant materials for TriLinc Advisors’ Sustainability and Impact Committee.
- Serve as a non-voting participant of TriLinc Advisors’ Investment Committee.
- Maintain compliant investment department files.
- Develop and maintain TriLinc’s ESG and impact industry research library.
- Participate in impact investment industry events, seminars, and conferences.
- Help prepare reporting materials for quarterly Board Meetings.
- Assist the ESG & Impact team with the company’s strategic initiatives and projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree with < 1 year of work experience in an investment, client or product management-related function, ideally with an emphasis on the private markets. Additional experience in other asset classes a plus.
- A degree in an analytical discipline (e.g., Economics, Finance; additional to exposure to mission-relevant disciplines like Environmental Science or Sustainable Development a plus).
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Passion for our mission to create positive impact.
- Existing relationships with other impact industry participants a plus.
- Preference for prior experience with managed investment products.
- Interest in socio-economic development and knowledge of emerging market investing a plus.
- Ability to work across cultures, communicate with colleagues in different time zones and be an effective team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in foreign languages is a plus.
E-mail resume and cover letter to Hiring@TriLincGlobal.com
TriLinc Global, LLC is an impact fund sponsor dedicated to launching and managing innovative products intended to exponentially increase participation in impact investing. Founded in 2008, TriLinc Global aims to harness the power of private sector capital for good and has developed a systematic approach to impact investment packaging, registration, management and distribution. Leveraging the experience and expertise of its partner-employees, TriLinc Global is building a robust offering of alternative investment products that provide investors with access to unique and competitive yield-oriented strategies that change the world for the better.
TriLinc Global is committed to creating scalable, sustainable solutions for some of the world’s intractable socioeconomic and environmental challenges through investing, while offering investors the potential for market-rate financial returns and positive, measurable impact.
TriLinc plays an active industry-building role with peers, investors, financial service providers and the general public, in order to grow and strengthen the impact investing sector. In particular, TriLinc forges innovative partnerships with financial institutions and academia and spearheads initiatives to develop young talent for the industry.