About the Job
A private investment/trading firm is seeking a driven investment professional to assist in the launch and growth of an impact investing portfolio. The candidate will work closely with the founder on establishing this portfolio – participating in the initial fund setup, devising the fund’s overall strategy and investment parameters as well as active portfolio monitoring and management. This is a rare opportunity to join a small and ambitious team with zero politics and minimal bureaucracy; the successful candidate will have direct influence on investment decisions and be expected to represent the firm in regional impact investment events and other networking forums.
Role can be part-time or full-time.
Title and salary are negotiable.
- Assisting the founder in establishing the firm’s impact investment portfolio including the initial fund setup and devising the fund’s strategy and investment parameters
- Originating, executing and managing impact investment opportunities
- Conducting detailed assessment and due diligence on potential opportunities and, where necessary, coordinate with external due diligence experts and advisers
- Post-investment monitoring, management and reporting, including for both financial and environmental indicators
- Conducting in-depth analysis and research on certain thematic environmental issues and projects relating to climate change
- Establishing and maintaining a broad network with key stakeholders in the impact investing space including funds, financial institutions, companies and entrepreneurs
- Strong interest in environmental issues and a genuine belief in alleviating said issues via impact investments
- Degree from a reputable college/university
- 5-years’ experience gained in the financial industry; impact investing experience would be a plus but not a prerequisite
- Ability to independently assess investment opportunities. Possess the technical skillset to build financial models, evaluate financial statements and conduct detailed research, due diligence and valuations
- Excellent communication skills
- This role is uniquely suited for individuals who are entrepreneurial, proactive, independently takes the initiative and seeks to be productive even with little or limited supervision and guidance
Silverstrand Pte Ltd
An investment/trading firm that cares deeply about climate change and that is launching a portfolio in impact investing. The firm aims to be fully operational from Jan 2020 onward.