About the Job
Volta is looking to recruit a number of bright, motivated, and entrepreneurial (Senior) Investment Associates. Positions are available in London, Nairobi and Washington, DC (for candidates with US work permit in place).
(Senior) Investment Associate responsibilities include:
• Lead project teams or project workstreams independently, handling day-to-day execution and budget oversight;
• Manage client, partner, and other key stakeholder relationships with the oversight of management team
• Conduct complex financial modelling independently and build well-structured models that are easy to use by others;
• Lead synthesis of analysis into quantitative and qualitative insights independently;
• Prepare strategy, investment, and operationalization recommendations, and performance reports;
• Manage junior team members;
• Assist in stakeholder engagement and business development activity with sector actors, alongside Volta’s management team
• Play a leading role in positioning Volta as a thought leader in impact investing, particularly in key sectors such as education, health, renewable energy, and agriculture.
• Minimum three to five years of relevant work experience, in the field of finance (private equity, venture capital, fund management); or consulting with strong exposure to the finance sector;
• Recently completed an MBA from a top-tier university, or university degree at Master Level in applied economics, political science, international politics or similar;
• Demonstrated excellence in financial modelling and quantitative analysis skills;
• Ability to manage a number of work-streams concurrently and semi-independently in a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment;
• Strong understanding and demonstrated experience structuring innovative financial products that combine public and private investment across sectors like education, agriculture, and energy;
• Practical experience managing projects in or focused on developing countries, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa is a plus;
• Strong interpersonal skills and alignment with Volta’s mission;
• Fluency in English required, working business proficiency in French preferred.
Please email us your resume and a cover letter stating your motivation and fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the words "Investment Associate" in the subject line of your email.
We are currently accepting applications until 11:59pm EDT on July 31st, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews from July 15th onwards, which will assess modelling, analytical, and soft skills, as well as broader fit based on the candidate’s interests and experience.
At Volta Capital, we provide tailored solutions to deploy impact capital. We combine our finance expertise and know-how with a strong commitment to ethics, impact and integrity.
We specialise in creating and structuring impact investment funds, financial vehicles and products that mobilise capital to meet the needs of underserved communities and generate improved financial and social returns.
To this end, we have been working with a wide spectrum of clients: public and private actors, family offices, institutional investors and asset managers, sector catalysts and entrepreneurs, all of whom share a common goal of using capital to boost private sector development while achieving financial, social, and environmental impact.
Not only is our commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals embedded in our mission, but we have assisted the development world and investment community alike in setting and adopting the SDG frameworks as a day-to-day methodology and approach.
Our 18-people strong team has been active in impact investing for over 15 years and has offices in London and Nairobi.
Over the past decade, we have built a portfolio of social initiatives, together with our partners from the development finance, non-profit and institutional investing sector. We recently closed a pay-for-performance bond to finance interventions for avoidable blindness in Cameroon. In the Education2Employment sector, we have launched our Lending for Education in Africa Partnership (LEAP) Programme, that provides affordable financing and non-financial support to youth from low- and middle-income backgrounds in East Africa pursuing their higher education.
We also provide deal specific transaction advisory – performing due diligence and deal structuring up to financial close and monitoring our clients’ portfolio companies on performance and impact.