About the Job
EWB Ventures is seeking an Investor Relations and Marketing professional with experience marketing and communicating investment fund strategies and performance, ideally with experience in the impact investing space. The Investor Relations and Marketing Manager will report directly to the Investment Director and will play a critical role in launching the fund.
- Skillfully expand the prospective investor base and manage the full cycle of the relationships including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, documentation and stewardship, leveraging existing relationships, cold-calling and representing EWB Ventures at industry conferences and events to engage prospective investors on the Fund’s impact investing strategy.
- Manage investor and prospective investor database to ensure accurate and current information is captured on all interactions.
- Oversee a portfolio of key investors, including development finance institutions, corporate and institutional investors, high net worth investors, family offices, pension funds, endowments, foundations, and funds of funds.
- Respond to requests for information from investors and prospective investors, including coordinating prospective investor due diligence visits.
- Manage deadlines and deliverables for prospective investors and other parties (e.g. legal teams, administrators, etc.) to achieve timely Fund closings
- Coordinate with the investment team to produce quarterly and annual financial and social impact performance reports, providing basic data analysis and data visualization.
- Prepare investor events such as annual Limited Partner meetings and Advisory Board meetings
- Establish a Conference Strategy (attendance, speaking, sponsorship)
- Work well with the EWB communications and partnerships team
- Maintain and update existing marketing materials and develop new materials as needed
- Maintain updated information on website and other communication channels
- Manage discretionary use of social media, publications and events to promote EWB Ventures thought leadership on gender lens investing, seed stage financing in emerging markets, systems change etc.
Success within the first 90days
- Embrace EWB core values and desired behaviors
- Develop familiarity with EWB Ventures policies and procedures
- Discuss with ease the Fund’s investment philosophy and strategy as well as the Fund’s core investment holdings and portfolio management practices
- Develop pitch deck and fund teaser
- Assist in developing the Private Placement Memorandum, Due Diligence Questionnaire and other marketing materials.
- Take ownership of EWB's Global Entrepreneurs Forum content creation, stakeholder outreach and logistics coordination
- Take the lead in GAC and other donor reporting and proposal submissions
- Develop a brand story and fundraising strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 4+ years’ work experience in relevant field
- Excellent communication capabilities in written and verbal form, cross-cultural competence, and the ability to support multiple projects with a keen attention to detail
- Skilled Excel, Word, and PowerPoint user
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proven collaborative, negotiation, and persuasion skills with demonstrated success in securing investor / funder commitments
- Self-motivated, self-directed with a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic appropriate for a small, fast-paced, geographically-dispersed, team-oriented organization
- Passion for inclusive finance, women’s empowerment, and social entrepreneurship in sub-Saharan Africa
- Fluent English speaker
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally four to six times per year, and more frequently during fundraising period
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field. MBA a strong plus
- 5-6 years’ work experience in impact investing / private equity investor relations, fundraising, marketing or related fields
- Familiarity with accounting and basic graphic design software
- Multi-lingual; French a plus
You can apply here! https://ewb.humi.ca/job-board/investment/779
If you have any questions about the application please email the hiring manager: email@example.com
EWB embraces diverse cultures, heritages, experiences and opinions in our efforts to enrich our staff team and foster inclusive decision making. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free employment that are free from discrimination, and to hiring diverse candidates. Please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the application process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
EWB believes that gender discrimination is a root cause of global poverty and economic inequality, and the achievement of gender equality is integral to our mission of achieving systemic change and creating a more just society. We seek to achieve a vision of a more equitable society, inherent to which is the enjoyment of human rights and fundamental freedoms by all persons, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, class, ethnicity, disability, age or another status.
Engineers Without Borders Canada, EWB Ventures
Engineers Without Borders Canada (EWB) is a Canadian NGO that brings people and ideas together to tackle the most crucial causes of poverty and inequality. EWB provides seed funding, talent and mentorship to social enterprises throughout Sub-Saharan Africa. For more information on EWB, visit http://ewb.ca.
EWB Ventures is a seed-stage investment vehicle backed by Engineers Without Borders Canada. We are dedicated to supporting early-stage, highly scalable, innovative, for-profit, social enterprises in parts of East and West Africa. We make tailored, long-term investments starting from $50k in ventures with high potential to drive systemic change for the benefit of underserved people in new, untested ways. Specifically, we focus on the early-stage of the “pioneer gap,” offering a unique blend of support to entrepreneurs who are often starved of the capital, talent and patient partnership that is required to succeed in the earliest days building a scalable social enterprise.
EWB Ventures is looking to recruit an experienced Investor Relations & Marketing Manager to help launch its fund.