About the Job
As a Business Analyst, you’ll be a critical point person responsible for collaborating across several different key stakeholders (entrepreneurs, investors, product owners, and customers) to explore, launch, and invest in new companies.
To do this, you will work directly with Human Ventures’ analysts and company building teams to take early ideas and ambiguous market insights and turn them into concise, structured proposals for new business opportunities. You are an independent thinker and operator who thrives in creating order out of ambiguity, and feel equally comfortable tackling a market analysis, interfacing with senior clients and customers and brainstorming innovative approaches to a new market, all in the same day. Most importantly you are a hustler who isn’t afraid to dive into new projects, learn new skills, and do what it takes to get the job done right.
This is a unique opportunity for a mid to early career professional that has experience seeking a high-impact, high growth, and high-visibility position in an extremely entrepreneurial environment. The role will interact across company building, supporting investment due diligence and exploratory market research.
• Plan and execute efforts to uncover and validate insights – including desk-based market research and competitive analysis, user interviews, ethnographies, surveys, and expert interviews – and bring this research and insights to life to report to stakeholders.
• Support project management efforts, to scope, plan and keep track of progress across multiple concurrent work streams.
• Contribute creatively to ideation and concept development efforts alongside entrepreneurs and Human Ventures team members.
• Oversee regular reporting and communication on new work streams and businesses to the senior leadership and executive team.
• Liaise across the Human Ventures organization and extended Human Network to gather relevant data, socialize new ideas, and source information necessary to company building
• Source and evaluate partners and vendors, owning several vendor relationships as they relate to individual portfolio companies and Human Venture as a whole
• Support the commercialization of new offerings – helping to develop go-to-market strategy, pricing strategy, communication strategy, narrative building, and customer acquisition
• Constantly keep a pulse on organizational processes, data, projects and identify areas for higher effectiveness/efficiency
• Collaborate and build financial models for portfolio companies and contribute towards narrative building as it relates to fundraising efforts
• You’re a methodical project manager who stays organized and works well in ambiguous situations, has successfully worked with diverse teams and accomplished goals under entrepreneurial circumstances.
• You’re curious, driven, and possess a high standard for excellence while constantly looking to grow. You’re not afraid to step into new projects, and you exhibit a never-quit-until-you-have-it-right drive.
• You’re both analytical in decision making, yet creative and open to new options.
• You’re an executor who can drive projects from inception to outcome in a highly efficient, structured, and collaborative way.
• You’re an effective communicator and understand what it takes to keep key stakeholders informed and engaged.
• You feel comfortable taking vague, ambiguous feedback and turning it into something structured, concise and actionable
• You understand how to identify missing needs or talent, and feel comfortable assembling a team of people with the right skill sets to get a job done
• Bachelor’s degree, ideally within an analytical discipline (mathematics, economics, finance, engineering, architecture) and a keen interest in entrepreneurship.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, comfort communicating ideas and presenting to stakeholders
• Successful candidates will be self-starters with intellectual curiosity and a skeptical mind interested in tech/disruption/new ways of thinking
• Exceptional problem structuring and problem-solving skills and comfort working with ambiguity is necessary
• Experience with financial modeling and big data transformations
• Experience building presentations independently
• Knowledge and experience with startups, venture capital and investing ecosystems preferred
Apply directly at https://boards.greenhouse.io/humanventures/jobs/1739312.
Candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume, applications lacking these materials will be ineligible.
We invest in Humans First
Human Ventures is a startup studio based in New York City. We back and build industry changing businesses, co-founding companies alongside exceptional entrepreneurs. We do this by working with entrepreneurs to build venture-backed businesses from the ground up. We enter in as co-founders, collaborating hand-in-hand from day one, providing the resources and support needed to build companies that propel humanity forward. We then activate our deep network of advisors, investors, and talent to accelerate new ventures. And we provide a community and studio space throughout the entire journey.