About the Job
Arjuna Capital has an immediate opening for a full-time Portfolio Associate / Executive Assistant in our Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA office. This is a multi-faceted support role that requires top notch organizational skills, attention to detail, and a service-oriented mind-set.
We are a boutique wealth management firm specializing in sustainable and impact investments that seeks competitive returns while promoting a more vibrant economy, a healthier environment, and a more just society.
About the role:
When you join our team, you’ll provide a variety of support and service to the Managing Partner in Arjuna’s Manchester Office, as well as to our prospects, clients and your colleagues. There are three key components of the job:
• Serving as the Executive Assistant to the Partner, including calendar and email management, meeting scheduling, and keeping the CRM system up-to-date.
• Managing client and prospect services for the Manchester office to support both day-to-day functioning and the growth of the firm. A methodical mindset and attention to detail will ensure that crucial and sensitive processes are completed accurately and in a timely fashion, while strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize will ensure that we achieve our big-picture goals.
• Assisting the Partner in trading client portfolios and client reporting.
• Support the Managing Partner in the organization of her schedule, including setting up meetings and following up with prospects and clients.
• Serve as the primary contact for Manchester-office prospects and clients with a focus on delivering customized communications and service. This involves account opening, transfers, money movement requests, charitable giving, account updates, and reporting.
• Customize and coordinate all custodian and investment offerings paperwork for clients.
• Ghost-write communications
• Oversee and maintain filing system of paper and electronic documents
• Retain records for client communications and client-related compliance requests
• Assist in our shareholder engagement campaigns
• Implement trades and generate reports on client portfolios
This job might be for you if:
• You connect to our social and environmental mission; working for a purpose-driven organization is important to you
• You are an excellent communicator – on the phone, by email, in writing and in person
• You have a thirst for knowledge that spurs you to constantly learn, improve, and grow
• You are a self-starter with a positive can-do attitude welcoming of new challenges
• You are flexible and adaptable to addressing new problems as they arise
• You love to solve problems and dig in deep to find the source of the issue
• You like paying careful attention and doing things right
• You have a proactive and detail-oriented mindset; you notice the little things and are excited to speak up and help not only improve but optimize processes
• You enjoy a constantly-changing environment, in a small but growing firm that brings new opportunities and challenges every day
• You’re a team player who loves collaborating with and assisting your colleagues
• You bring a positive and helpful approach to all your professional interactions
• You enjoy organizing things and can track projects for yourself in a way that also anticipates the needs of your team members
• You appreciate an open approach to communication where we all give and receive feedback easily to make our company a better place
• You take ownership of your work and want to shape our company’s future
• You bring an internal sense of excellence to everything you do
We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. Local candidates are strongly preferred. When applying, please submit both a cover letter and resume.
Your education, experience, and skills:
• College degree and 3-5 yrs relevant work experience
• Detail-oriented and task-focused
• Able to synthesize details into a bigger picture
• Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects and manage competing priorities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong with Word, Excel, Adobe.
• Previous experience with CRM, investment-trading and client-reporting systems is valuable in this role.
• Experience in the financial services industry
• Experience with supporting an executive with multi-faceted responsibilities
• Experience with CRM/Junxure, Client Reporting/Advent Axys, Investment trading systems/Advent Moxy
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience organizing support functions
• Motivational and influencing skills
About Arjuna Capital:
We are a boutique wealth management firm focused on sustainable and impact investing, using approaches such as shareholder activism, fossil-fuel divestment and financing a more-sustainable economy. We serve a national clientele out of offices in Manchester, MA, Durham, NC, and Taos, NM. Arjuna Capital is a leader in sustainable wealth management with a focus on individuals, families, and the non-profit sector. Together, we invest in the kind of world we want to live in. To learn more, visit our website at arjuna-capital.com.
Arjuna Capital is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.