About the Job
3×5 Partners is expanding our team to support the growth and work of the firm as we launch our third fund. As part of a small team, you will gain exposure to, contribute to, and participate in many aspects of the venture capital industry.
We are open to hiring either an analyst or an associate. The role will be determined via work experience and demonstrated capabilities, among other factors. The basic profile for an analyst is an undergraduate degree with 2-4 years’ work experience in a relevant field. An associate applicant likely has 4-8 years’ experience and may have an advanced degree or designation (e.g. MBA, MS, PhD, CFA), but that is not a requirement.
The primary responsibility of this hire will be to manage and improve the day-to-day activities of the firm while also being a support and complement to the Managing Directors. This will include:
- Due diligence and market research for potential investments
- Investor reporting, such as quarterly valuations and written updates
- Managing CRM, file management, and note documentation
- Designing and executing projects of your own direction that help the firm
We're looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Passion for work and creating impact
- Capacity to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Concerted drive and the ability to self-direct
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Articulate written and spoken communications
- Ability to quickly learn and become conversant in new fields, skills, and technology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and strong Excel ability
- Provide diversity of skills, life experience, and perspective to current team members
Interested individuals should submit their resume and cover letter via the following portal – http://erep.com/e/40678/job/
3×5 is a growth-oriented venture capital firm in Portland, OR. We focus on the life sciences – medical device, diagnostics, biopharma – and resource sector – water, agriculture, energy, and natural resources. We currently have $260M invested in 11 companies and are raising our third fund. While our portfolio companies range from a revolutionary drinking water technology to breakthrough therapeutic compounds to a burgeoning fish protein brand, they all share at least one trait: if they are successful, they will generate strong investment returns and have meaningful impact on our healthcare system or our planet.
Our Mission: We strive for a world in which the creation of wealth aligns with positive impacts for people and our planet.
Our Vision: With a foundation of loving, trusting relationships, we invest in passionate and high-performing teams with innovative ideas to build businesses that generate both wealth and impact.
Our Values: The fundamental building blocks without which we could not act are:
- Trust – Transparency, Accountability, Stewardship
- Love – Passion, Focus, Patience