About the Job
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Communications Manager to play a leading role in the development of the impact investing brand worldwide, and the communications outreach efforts of our fast-paced, growing organization.
The Manager will report to the Director of Communications.
• Write and edit GIIN communications and marketing materials, including powerful opinion columns, major speeches and talking points for GIIN spokespeople, and strategic concept papers that will spark conversations with select industry stakeholders and broader public audiences to increase the visibility of impact investing and the GIIN’s leadership role in the industry’s growth
• Develop and monitor segmented messaging to key audiences, for relevance and consistency with overall messaging
• Provide feedback and support to senior management and other teams on the framing and messaging of their presentations to ensure clear, powerful communications
• Provide input to impact investing research and other industry content, with a particular focus on audience accessibility
• Manage members of the Communications Team
• Other duties in the Communications arena, as required.
The ideal candidate for the role must have proven experience producing effective thought leadership campaigns, writing opinion pieces suitable for leading media outlets, crafting speeches for C-suite spokespeople on a global stage, experience in both traditional and social media, and a deep conviction that communications are instrumental in the success of new ideas. He or she must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and delivering to competing deadlines.
The successful candidate will:
• Be highly organized, detail and results oriented
• Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with various stakeholders
• Be interested in impact investing or social and environmental issues
• Have a bachelor’s degree (in Communications or another relevant degree)
• Have experience managing staff
• Have a minimum of eight years of relevant, full-time work experience (applicants without this will not be considered)
• Possess strong writing skills, with a proven ability to effectively develop clear and compelling narratives, and interpret and synthesize inputs from a variety of stakeholders
• Have experience managing important internal or external stakeholder relationships
• Be able to proactively problem solve
• Be authorized to work in the United States
LOCATION: This position will be based in New York, NY, and is a full-time role in a flexible culture.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, with an excellent benefits package.
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Communications Manager _ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter and include your salary requirements.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 280 members in 41 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org