About the Job
• Evaluation and assessment of new issues for inclusion in the investment universe.
• Development of the credit analysis system.
• Research sectors and Countries to identify key risks from a financial perspective.
• Maintain and improve the credit elements of AIM databases.
• Meeting with companies, ratings agencies and brokers to discuss industry trends and update team on conclusions.
• Represent the team where required in new client submissions.
• Assess rating agency reports and industry trends, and the implications for portfolio structure.
• Monitor political events for their relevance to holdings and strategy.
• Identify key risks in existing positions for discussions in weekly meetings.
• Update portfolio managers on results from individual issuers in the investment universe.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in credit analysis.
• The ability to analyse a wide range of issuers and identify the key factors in both corporates and local government institutions.
• A facility to analyse both financial and non financial institutions.
• Be comfortable with communicating concisely & effectively on credit issues with the other members of the verification team.
• A capability of working under time pressure to provide accurate assessments of credit worthiness to the portfolio managers.
• An understanding of how ESG factors impact upon credit analysis and the ability to integrate emerging trends into our credit process.
• An understanding of the factors underpinning cashflows in different sectors, and how these change in different economic environments and across the cycle.
• Experience in analysing developed market investments across regions.
The impact bond market is dominated by financial issuers so the successful candidate will need to demonstrate an understanding of and facility in the analysis of banks.
Knowledge of, and an active interest in, green bond investment and ethical investment would be a distinct advantage. The successful candidate should expect to be an active contributor to both the verification and fund management teams and participate in strategy discussions.
Please email a CV (max 2 sides, one page) and a cover letter (max 1 side) by the 30 June 2019 outlining your relevant experience and interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the email title as: Credit Analyst Application. Please include dates when you are available to start the role. AIM will notify applicants if they have been selected for a Round 1 interview (in person or over the phone). We regret that we will not be able to reply to all applicants, nor will we provide individual feedback.
Affirmative Investment Management
Affirmative Investment Management (AIM) is a dedicated impact bond asset management company. All our investments support the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the global Paris Agreement on climate change. AIM is a small-sized, fast-growing company with a global presence in the UK, US and Australia, and is looking for an experienced credit analyst to supplement the existing members of the Credit and Verification team.
AIM seek to manage fixed income portfolios that generate positive environmental and social impacts without compromising financial returns and build long term client partnerships on a foundation of excellent client engagement, performance and differentiated insights.